cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation on application server and database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going to install production server (windows with mssql server) for that we will install SAP ERP Production Application Server - on one server,SAP ERP Production Database Server - Database on another server,is it recommended.

I installed mssql server on one server on another server i started sapinst -- SAP ERP6.0 EHP4 ready SR1-SAP APPLICATION SERVER ABAP-MSSQL SERVER--DISTRIBUTED SYSTEM-Central Instance then its asking profile path is it right way we are doing installation,guide me for the same.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

If I understand you correctly, this is an entirely new installation?

Then you should install using the option Central Instance - - - Distrbuted system.

This will install the central instance in the other server (as you already had the db server installed)

It seems like you have missed the step from P64 of the installation guide:

"

Distributed System:

Installation Options for a Distributed System

Global Host Preparation

Mandatory step in installing a distributed SAP system with usage types or software units based on AS ABAP.

Prepares the SAP global host for your SAP system by doing the following:

Preparing the file system

Creating the profiles

Installing the executables

Database Instance

Mandatory step in installing a distributed SAP system.

Installs a database instance.

You must have already completed the Global Host Preparation.

Central Instance

Mandatory step in installing a distributed SAP system on several hosts.

Installs a central instance.

NOTE

You require at least usage type AS Java or AS ABAP. You can choose the usage types or software units on the SAP System > Software Units screen.

You must have finished the database instance installation

"

hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer the installation guides available at httP//service.sap.com/instguides

look for Distributed setup section.

Regards,

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before starting the installation Please read the installation guide properly and try to understand it properly. Everything is written there related to your query otherwise you will face a lot of problems during installation.

Regards,

Subhash