cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scalability of SAP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

How the term "scalability" can be defined in the SAP-area? When is e.g. the SAP System (well!) scalable and

not? IS there some definitions in this case?

It will be great to get the information for my answers!

Thank you!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henke,

Scalability in SAP comes mainly in application server, we say application server is <b>horizontaly scalable</b>

i.e., we can add on any number of application servers in the architecture, this ensures the performance of your system, for example, u currently have 1 database server, 1 application server and 10 presentation servers, tommorrow, the users in your company may increase to 1000, so you need to give them 1000 system(Presentation servers), now if there is only one application server it cannot bear this huge load, To avoid this kind of problems SAP has made its architecture as a scalable architecture, i.e, if the users(Presentation servers) increase then you also add a new application(one or more) server depending on the load.

Regards:-

<b>Santosh.D</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

generally speaking SAP systems are well scalable. As Santosh said before you can add multiple aplication servers.

Since some time also the DB site ís more scalable. E.g. if you have Oracle 9i (or higher) and AIX you also have the option to run the DB in a RAC environment (Real Application Cluster).

Also many other components in the SAP environment are well scalable (SAP Web Dispatcher, ITS Gates, etc.).

Regards

Juergen