Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Validation

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am a bit confused at the moment...

We are using PI 7.1 ehp1 and i have got a configuration which does not use the xml validation.

In SXMB_MONI i still see the points XML Validation Inbound and Outbound. I guess this is ok, because monitoring shows every step, even if nothing is done, right?

I am receiving an IDOC-XML which sends data in an XML-Tag which has maxLength=100...

But there are more than 100 Characters in it, it is received in Inbound-Message like that!

But in the Point XML Validation Inbound having a look at the payload, every character above length 100 is gone!

Why is this, i thought not validating should just process even more than 100 character, because no validation is done!?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Markus Schalk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The validation would fail your message but won't change your message structure.

Do you maybe have a mapping in between that truncates the field ?

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no mapping...

just handed over to a soap adapter at the end!

I would like to post a screenshot, is it not possible in this forum?

Thanks!

Markus

Edited by: Markus Schalk on Apr 29, 2011 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, only if you place external links

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Why is this, i thought not validating should just process even more than 100 character, because no validation is done!?

Are you sure this is because of XML validation?

If the data is coming in an IDOC then I would suggest that you reload the IDOC metadata....if the IDOC can really hold more than 100 characters then even PI should not have an issue....however if the metadat still refers to 100 characters then all the above characters will be removed.

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answer!

I am absolutly not sure that its coming from the validation, i can just see in monitoring that after the validation point all characters above 100 are gone!

I already reloaded the adapter-metadata before an then it worked fine, i just don't understand why i have to do this...

The metadata had 100 as restriction but why and where is the information cut?

I am still pretty new to PI, and i thought idx2 (Idoc Adapter Metadata) just refers to the idoc adapter and i am not using it, i use soap and plain http...

Doesn't the Integratoin Builder use the imported IDOC-XSD from the ESR? Why and where is idoc adapter metadata used?

Already rewarded you!

Kind regards,

Markus Schalk

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Doesn't the Integratoin Builder use the imported IDOC-XSD from the ESR? Why and where is idoc adapter metadata 
used?

IB surely uses IDOC-XSD....but even before this IDOC-XSD of ESR is used the IDOC metadata comes into picture (for R3 --> PI).

If there is any mis-match in the IDOC structure (or even characteristics like length, optional-field) then the message processing is affected.

As you can see for length, the data gets truncated.

If there is a change in the IDOC field (like mandatory field is now made optional) and if you do not re-import the metadata then the IDOC message will fail in SM58 of the R3 system, it will not even reach PI.

May be for more information you can search on SDN.