cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Model from a WSDL problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem that I need some help on.

I am trying to create a new model in SAP Netweaver developer studio from a wsdl file from a webservice running on my local computer.

What ever I try an do I get the following message in the workspace\.metadata\.log file

Plugin name: Web Dynpro Model Editor Services

Plugin ID : com.sap.ide.webdynpro.service.modeleditor

Class : com.sap.ide.webdynpro.modeleditor.wizards.model.creation.ModelWizard$9

Method : doImportWebServiceModel

Exception : java.lang.NullPointerException: null

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.ide.metamodel.importers.webservice.WebServiceModelImporter.doImport(WebServiceModelImporter.java:179)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.modeleditor.wizards.model.creation.ModelWizard$9.run(ModelWizard.java:1133)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

Before I have to post the actual wsdl is there any likely causes for this error that I can investigate?

Thanks for any help.

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.Do You test the Webservice?

2.Try to import the webservice from local server option insted of WSDL file.

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The webservice has been tested and works. Though it is deployed on a local installation of tomcat not through the J2EE engine of SAP (which is install on a server), I don't know if that will make any difference.

The problem I am having is that it generates part of the model then fails with the above error. It shows some of the required model classes but not all of them.

The version of SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio I am using is 7.0.07. I don't know if that will make any difference.

Thanks for the help.

Phil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've had a similar problem once.

The wsdl file I was trying to import/make a model from referenced another wsdl file for certain types, which were specified there. This worked fine on my server and when testing it, but the importer in NWDS kept failing. When I copied the types from the referenced wsdl file to the other wsdl file I could import it and all classes were generated.

As far as I remember that was how I solved it.

I hope this helps you somehow.

/Rune

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the help,

I think I am heading in the right direction now, having stripped some imported xsd files.

I now have more of the model importing than I did before, so I am sure I will work out the root cause of the problem soon.

Cheers,

Phil.

Answers (0)