cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel/Reverse WM stage of Materials

0 Kudos

Dear WM Gurus,

If I used transaction LP10 to stage materials to an order and also process the TR and created TO and confirmed the TO, but then I have the need to return back the materials to the warehouse how can I reverse or cancel the staging already done with LP10?

If I create TO's manually I can move them back to the raw material storage type, but when I have the need again of moving the materials and try to process again with LP10 then system says that all materials are moved already, how can I "reopen" the qty's at LP10?? How can I cancel the LP10 staging??

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a manual process (manual TOs) to return material from PSAs. As for LP10, despite the 'already requested' quantity, you should still be able to place additional requests. It is typically a warning that will be suggested by the system that the total staging quantity has been exceeded; however, you can go ahead and place WM matl staging that will create a TR.

0 Kudos

Hi thanks for your reply, You are right the message is only a warning and I can go ahead and save it and as you said a TR will be created, but if I try to process that TR I get a system message "Transfer requirement will be updated" and then I got no TO

Any ideas on what could be happening here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unless the production scheduling profile has the auto TO checked, there will not be any TO created. Besides this, there could be a batch job set up to convert these TRs to TO's.

Typically, a TR will be created after you 'save'. Can you go ahead and run LB13 to verify the TR creation after you 'saved'?

0 Kudos

Kalyan

Thanks for the reply, there is no problem on TR nor TO creation, the problem comes when the full qty of the production order has been staged, how to stage more with LP10? Or how to reverse the Staging??

As I said before, if I create the TR despite the warning because exceeding the qty, I can't create a TO from that TR, any ideas why is this?

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm unable to discern why you are not able to create a TO when the system is permitting to create a TR. Had the order been technically closed then the system will not allow to create a TR in the first place. Typically, the TO creation or confirmation is not possible when there are COGI related errors associated with the production order. If you are encountering this problem despite checking these errors, can you post the entire message (including the message number) so that we can contemplate further?

0 Kudos

It is not exactly an error, when I process the TR with LB10 in foreground I get "Open quantity reduced by available stock" but If process the TR in the background systems says "transfer requirement will be updated"

Transfer requirement will be updated

Message no. L3362

Diagnosis

The quantity for production supply was reduced, thus prohibiting the system from creating a transfer order. This occurred because the requested quantity was already available in the destination storage bin.

For transfer requirements that contain material to be picked directly for a production order, the system reduces the quantity that is to be transferred if there is already sufficient material in the destination storage bin.

The transfer requirement is now considered completed.

The TR gets processed meaning I can no longer try to convert it into TO if I try i get error "Transfer requirement XXX already fully supplied"

This is not shortage of stock as I have lots of stock available, Any other ideas ??

Regards

0 Kudos

I found that I can create the TO despite the warning If I transfer back the material from the destination storage bin prior to the "Re-staging" But still I face the problem that with LP10 I can't supply more material than requested by the production order, what if the production people need more material and they need to request more material? This will be not possible with LP10??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have gotten to the root cause of your problem. Although you are using 'Pick part' based control cycles, you are using 'Fixed bin' instead of 'dynamic bins' in these control cycles. The standard configuration enables a check in this fixed bin (essentially, the destination storage bin) for unrest stock to prevent unnecessary transfers out of the warehouse therefore, despite being able to generate a TR via LP10, you are unable to stage.

There is a configuration setting in WM-PP interface that will enable you to process these TRs. In the 'define control data' of the WM-PP interface, you'll find 'Storage type view'. You'd need to mark 'deactivate qty reduction' for the combination of the warehouse and the production storage type. By doing so, the system will allow you to stage material via these TRs created via LP10.

Quick workaround would be to manually move the material from source to these production bins using LT01.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much I have changed the parameter you suggested in the WM PP interface and it worked perfectly, points were assigned.

Regards

Answers (0)