Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC adapter connection

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My user has a web based system where goods receipt details are entered and it gets updated in mySql DB. In return the user would gather information from sap and displayed back on web at real time. They do not have option for web services or http . They do not want to customize this system.

Since business system is DB,

Can I implement the JDBC connection and poll the DB continuously to make synchronous JDBC <-> PROXY scenario. Can I achieve the real time update in DB. Is this going to affect the performance ?

Kindly suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Can I implement the JDBC connection and poll the DB continuously to make synchronous JDBC <-> PROXY scenario

Yes, That is possible and good option too.

>Can I achieve the real time update in DB. Is this going to affect the performance ?

Yes, you can do real time update and it wont affect performance. we do many Jdbc to proxy synch interfaces and they are doing well in performance.

You are in right track.

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please tell me query logic. should I pull the entire DB table or should I ask them to create a field with status flag such that I only pick those records which are marked for change.

JDBC channel would be continuously polling every second to execute this query.

Thanks again for helping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the JDBC adapter will retrieve the information based on a "SELECT FROM ... WHERE", it would be nice to have some information that could be updated with a flag "been read" or "is changed", which can be updated also by the JDBC sender (you have a query and an update action, please check the help page below). You could also have a query to gather by the timestamp.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

However, it seems you are going to have a 1 second polling on the database? This can have some impact on the performance depending on the database or if you have many XI scenarios running. Is this the only option you have?

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Yes JDBC is the only option. I just want to know what should be the polling frequency of the JDBC adapter. Can I keep 60sec / 120 sec . As this is going to be web based user would wish to retrieve data from the SAP as fast as possible.

There are only 2 interfaces that are running to this business system.

Appretiate your responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on the amount of the data on the database and the hardware resources (from DB system and network), you can lower it to 1 second if really required. However, I'd keep it in 10 seconds, this should run fine with a good margin for network delays or heavier load on the system.

Otherwise, try lowering to 5 seconds and check the system's response. If the PI system don't have a heavy load, you can even reduce this value.