cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal connection to clustered ABAP Backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

System Details:

NW Java 7.0 EHP 1 (Portal/GRC Java components)

NW ABAP 7.0 EHP 1 (GRC PC ABAP components)

Both instances are clustered using Microsoft Cluster 2008

I am setting up GRC Process Control system which consists of a netweaver java stack (with portal and GRC components) and a NW ABAP stack (with GRC PC components installed). Process Control requires a portal iview that connects to the PC ABAP backend. When setting up the connection, I can get it to work fine by pointing the portal connection directly to one of the ABAP instances residing on one of the two cluster nodes. However, when I set the connection to point to the clustered ASCS host/port the Process Control iview does not display the correct content. The iview frame loads, but I only see the text "There are no tasks available to you yet" instead of the GRC content that should be displayed.

I am pretty sure the icm and ms parameters are set up correctly, because I can access ITS url's (like WEBGUI) directly using the hostname/port of the ASCS.

In theory, I should be able to point the portal to the clustered ASCS (message server) so that the connection remains high availability and load balances properly. Any thoughts on why this is not working?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<< Do not post the same question across a number of forums >>