cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size recommendation for placing file from FTP to Application Server??

former_member183898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

For processing 5 MB to 10MB size is recommended in PI , but in case I just need to pick a file from FTP folder and place it to SAP application server (No Mapping) , is there any size restriction/recommendation in that case ?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Pushkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i completely agree with Satish replay,

I have coppied 200 MB file from one FTP to other FTP without mapping using only ID, so in your case also you can do it.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This also depends on how much load on you system when you are sending the file.

If you have production like system then I suggest you try sending it from there and monitor the performance on the system.

Specially keep an eye on garbage collection and OOM error.

Regards,

Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patel,

There are no restrictions like that. It also depends upon your hardware, sizing and other factors too.

Please see this thread for some information on this process:

If you have more than GB it is worth following the process given by alex in his blog:

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/02/21/sap-xi-acting-as-a-huge-file-mover

If you are on PI 7.1 then AAE concept should help you.

Regards,

---Satish

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP says the optimum message size processing is up to 5 MB. It does not specify about mapping or without mapping. But in 7.3, it is handling even larger size file upto 100 MB. In your case, though mapping is involved still it does ftp your file one end to other end. File adapter involves carrying the data from one end to other end. But since mapping is not involved you can relax size certainly to some extent above the given spec limit.