cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material is not going to quality inspection by default in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have ticked post to inspection in material master QM view, dont want to genarate any lot .as per standard this should get copied in PO and while GR material should go to QI stock.But when we create PO it is showing unrestricted stock and while GR it goes to unrestricted.

Manually i am able to change from unrestricted to QI while saving PO.But client want it should happen by default QI stock.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you know default stock type should be transferred from material master and there is no configuration to control default stock type at transaction ME21N.

I would suggest you check some enhancement like BADI 'ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST' or ask your MM team.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Good Day.

The solution for this issue as below :

1)Under the transaction in Material Master , Please goto QM view , select the inspection setup and change the inspection type 01 unchecked Post to inspection stock , save & create the PO.

This because you must maintained Inspection Type for receiving plant and the stock type must be QI , assigned inspection type for recieving material.

2) The default is coming from the material master purchasing view, a box for "post into inspection stock".

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

Thanks for your reply

I have not activated any inspection type and in purchanging view also "post into inspection stock". box is ticked for this material.

When i create PO still default is coming unrestricted stock however able to change manullay to quality stock.

Please let me know where i am missing in PO dafault should be QI.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have not activated Inspection type then how come material will go to QI stock .........................Never possible !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks,It is possible throgh IM without involving QM.Just to tick Post to inspection tick in QM view.

Post to Inspection Stock

Specifies whether the material is subject to quality inspection (without inspection lot processing) and whether a goods receipt is posted to inspection stock. The indicator is copied to purchase order items and goods receipt items as a default value.

Please check and help why it is not happening.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okkkkk let me put it in this way..............

Now there is difference in "Post to Inspection " Tab in QM view screen & in Inspection type.

1.When you tick on "Post to Inspection " Tab in QM view screen means lot will not be created but stock will be posted to quality.

(In PO you have option of changing it manually -->its SAP default.)

2.When you activate any inspection type which is stock relevant then the "Post to Inspection " Tab in QM view screen disapaers.What it means that now control is in Inspection type .Inspection type will control whether stock is to be posted in QI.

Now

Condition of not creating lot but posting to Quality can be solve in first case whereas Lot can be created but material moves to unrestricted is possible in second case.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankur,

I just went through your remarks. What I have understood is, you want stock to get posted to quality inspection without inspection lot generation.

The setting which you have mentioned is correct. Probably the reason why the setting is not getting copied into PO for stock type, is the change of settings after PO creation. I explain you what I tested. Letu2019s have a look on following sequence.

1. In material master Post to Inspection Stock tick is NOT activated.

2. No inspection type is activated

3. PO is created

4. PO is released

5. "Post to Inspection Stock" is NOW TICKED. (After PO creation but before GR)

6. Goods receipt through MIGO

If you change material master, it would take effect from next purchase order.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Edited by: Anand Rao on Apr 29, 2011 3:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks a lot,

Problem here is in case first when i am creating PO then in stock type tab system taking by dafault unrestricted however able to change manually quality inspection.in PO.

but as per SAP by dafault it should be *quality inspection in PO.How to solve this issue please suggest.

MY client using this option only, earlier system was taking by dafault quality inspection in PO.but problem started from few days.