cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario to map in WM, mapping in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Business wish to track inventory value of materials lying in 'production lineas' and in 'raw materials storage area' seperately

in legacy system 2 storage locatons are defined one for raw material storing and one for in production lines

Now we need to map in SAP WM

If i keep both storage locations in SAP too, how i can do staging of materials to production via PP/WM ??

Since material need to come from diff storage location movement must b initiated first in IM

I cant stage materials simply by moving bn to bin transfer isn it

With staging indicator 1 TR get generated but doesnt help isnt it as material need to move across storage locations

please give imputs to map this scenario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use 'storage location control' configuration as part of IM-WM interface. Mark 'raw matl area' as standard storage location and mark 'do not copy storage location' for 'production line'. In addition, define 'storage location control in WM' for the combination for warehouse, 'PSA' storage type, plant, 'production line' storage location and movement type 311.

When TRs are created off of production order, the storage location will be blank. During TO creation, the standard storage location 'raw matl area' will be copied and upon confirmation the material will be available in the PSA under 'production line' storage location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks kalyan

Will test and revert back

How do we handle manual staging process [if we define staging indicator as 1 ] whre we need to create TO manually to move materials manually to production bins

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same configuration will take care of it. At the time of manual TO creation, the standard storage location will be defaulted, and upon confirmation there'll be automatic transfer posting at IM that will move stock from 'raw matl area' to 'production line' stoarge location.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on your statement

Business wish to track inventory value of materials lying in 'production lineas' and in 'raw materials storage area' seperately

in legacy system 2 storage locatons are defined one for raw material storing and one for in production lines"

Your Question

-

how i can do staging of materials to production via PP/WM ??

What you need perhaps you can use the supply area in PP - work center , please check with your PP consultant.

Supply area is nothing but just storage location, so that you will have additional storage location for the production line

Since material need to come from diff storage location movement must b initiated first in IM

YES - IM always initiated because WM just based on the BIN quantity and IM to keep track stock value.

Purchasing --->From GR Raw Material (IM) -

> QM inspection (If any) -

> into WM.

Production -

>WM Bin withdraw ---> WM interim storage location ---> Staging area ( Production location).

Hope can help you.

TQ.