cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM PI Adapter - Archiving Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used to use the FTP adapter to send messages from MDM 5.5 to PI 7.0. In the FTP Adapter, you can go to the Processing tab and set up the archive directory.

We upgraded to MDM 7.1 and I don't see a configuration setting for having files archive. I also see no mention of archiving in the MDM 7.1 Config Guide. Can anyone tell me where to configure this for MDM Adapter?

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

You need to configure your MDM file sender communication channel in PI. In that you give the port code and remote system code. What it does is as soon as MDM syndicates the file into this port, that means if nothing goes wrong in MDM syndication then the file will be in Ready folder of that port. As soon as your MDM communicaiton channel picks that file from Ready it sends to PI and it automatically sends to Archive folder in the same port. So you dont need to do anything for archiving.It will happen automatically when PI picks the file from MDM Ready folder.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

I thought the MDM 7.1 uses direct communication for the sender and receiver adapter for tighter integration. If your scenario is File to MDM adapter then you need to configure the archiving in the file adapter isn't it?

Regards,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is tighter, but you still use a file share location for temporary processing. When you configure MDM, it creates the directory structure and includes /Ready/, /Archive/, and other directories. In our dev system, we have a copy of the file going to the /Archive/ directory even when using the MDM adapter. Either I am being misled by what I see in dev (and there is no way to Archive with MDM Adapter other than creating some other, duplicate receiver) or there is something that was set in dev and I need to find it for QA.