cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Installing SAP ECC6 on WIN 2008R2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

The scenario is we are trying to migrate an existing SAP ECC6 system to MSCS cluster based HA SAP system.

The MSSQL 2005 is already installed on MSCS and is working fine.

Now I have downloaded the Installation Master 51033746_15. (As we thought the older Installation Master wont work for WIN 2008)

And while trying to run the SAPINST for installation I get following error messages.

-

"

SAPinst is getting started.

Please be patient ...

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host SIILSRV01, port 21212 to continue with the installation

guiengine: login in process.

ERROR 2011-04-28 19:09:54 [synxcuser.cpp:1067]

CSyUserImpl::isExistingOnOS()

FSL-01001 Unable to check existence of account SOLARIND\sapadm. The RPC server is unavailable.

ERROR 2011-04-28 19:09:54 [synxccuren.cpp:246]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::getUser()

MUT-02041 Unable to get information about the current user. If you are logged in as a domain user, check network access to a domain controller and your WINS configuration. If this does not help and you want to perform a purely local installation, i. e. you don't have to access any domain accounts you can use the following workaround: Create a local user, add it to the local Administrators group, log on as this user and start the installation again from scratch.

ERROR 2011-04-28 19:09:54 [syxxsyshlp.cpp:78]

syslib::printOSError(const iastring &, int, DWORD, const iastring &, CMessage::eLogMessage)

FSL-00001 System call failed. Error 5 (Access is denied.

) in execution of system call 'CreateDirectory' with parameter (C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir, NULL), line (852) in file (synxcpath.cpp).

ERROR 2011-04-28 19:09:54 [synxcpath.cpp:858]

CSyPath::createDirectory()

FSL-02036 Unable to create node C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir with type directory: Access is denied.

Exit status of child: 1

"

-

Please Help.

We are stuck like no way out.

We have checked the permission of the user with whom we are running the SAPINST.

All is ok with that.

Also all the RPC services are running on the Nodes as well as domain server.

Also pl let me know if it is possible to install the SAP ECC6 locally and then configure the nodes A and B so as to configure the SAP system as HA system??

Regards,

Yuvi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read this log. You can understand easily.

Problem is this user SOLARIND\sapadm. I think SOLARIND is your domain. It is checking sapadm user in SOLARIND server.

what is your host name?

FSL-01001 Unable to check existence of account SOLARIND\sapadm. The RPC server is unavailable.

ERROR 2011-04-28 19:09:54 synxccuren.cpp:246

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::getUser()

MUT-02041 Unable to get information about the current user. If you are logged in as a domain user, check network access to a domain controller and your WINS configuration. If this does not help and you want to perform a purely local installation, i. e. you don't have to access any domain accounts you can use the following workaround: Create a local user, add it to the local Administrators group, log on as this user and start the installation again from scratch.

Thanks

Siva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible that the installation has been moved from a Domain /Local

Installation?

SAP only support the domain installation of a cluster.

Check the migration guides.

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved.

The Domain user was reconfigured again.

and the Domain and the other systems were restarted..

Im not good in OS and all but I guess restarting the domain distributed the User information again and then it worked.