Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Approval in SRM 7.0

devrajsinghr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to perform some development for SRM 7.0 Offline approval process, where a email needs to be sent to WI recipents and the mail format should be like a smart form. (or might be smart form needs to attach).

I have gone through a number of threads and wiki's but I am not figure it out that how I will be using the BADI BBP_OFFLINE_APP_BADI for sending the mail along with the smart form and what all I need to implement in this badi to make the things working.

- I have found that * "BBP_OUT_OFFAPP is called as standard to determine the layout of the e-mail." * in SAP help document do does this mean that I don't need to create any saparate form?

- Secondly as per the development prospective where all I need to work on ?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The offline approval uses the smartform BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION.

Please check the following note:

-> 1265414 - add more information to work flow notifications by implementin

It describes how the smartform BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION is adapted, and the

adapted smartform is called from BAdI BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF.

Thanks,

Melina

former_member578547
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Sorry to interfere Dev. Infact, rather than SMARTFORM, /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND output will be good.

If you need attachment, it is having option also as sarvanan said.

One more information: smartform BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION is NOT called at this report. This will be called at Notification time because of Event mechanism.

Understand these points and let us know , we will give best solution..

Balaji.T.

devrajsinghr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs, Actually my requirement is quite simple and very common to SAP SRM system.

I just need to send the UWL WI to email clients for approval and the mail body should be SMART form layout.

as per my understanding as of now I need to perform the below configs and developments.

1 - BBP_PPOSA set attribute forward_wi to X

2 - maintain the email addresses at su01 for WF-batch and prospective recipients.

3 - In so16 need to set send as a home address

4 - need to schedule the report /sapsrm/offlineapprovalsend (is this scheduled with WF_BATCH as user?)

5 - then I need to implement few methods of the badi BBP_OFFLINE_APP_BADI

6 - and as per your inputs it seems I need to implement one more badi BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF which will call my Smart form.

this all is for outbound processing.

while inbound

1 - I need to do so50 config (Why this config is required?)

(my understanding - wf-batch is a sender from our email client and to over ride this we need to do this config.)

2 - we need to schedule a report in background RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL ( Is this scheduled with WF_BATCH as user?).

Please provide your valuable inputs if I have missed some thing or you would like to add something in my mentioned points.

One more Imp point, When I running the report /sapsrm/offlineapprovalsend manually for my analysis so that I can check the parameter values in both the BADI's the report is not selecting any Workitem, even though I can see a lot work items in the UWL. (Is it required the UWL WI should be exist in the inbox of the user who is executing the report?)

Regards

Devraj

Edited by: Dev on May 3, 2011 4:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to schedule this program.. SO50 is enough to update the status back to SRM..

2 - we need to schedule a report in background RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL ( Is this scheduled with WF_BATCH as user?).

One more Imp point, When I running the report /sapsrm/offlineapprovalsend manually for my analysis so that I can check the parameter values in both the BADI's the report is not selecting any Workitem, even though I can see a lot work items in the UWL. (Is it required the UWL WI should be exist in the inbox of the user who is executing the report?)

Do the step 1 first before you start execute the offline program.

Saravanan

devrajsinghr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I do not understand how SO50 will take care of it. and what is the significance of this transaction config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

If you want to make changes to the offline approval mail; just make a Z-copy of /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND and implement your changes there. Next to that there is some customizing required to make SAP SRM able to send and especially retrieve the response of an offline approval action (accept/reject).

This is where SO50 configuration comes in place.

Regards Ruud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to maintian an entry for /SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPP_INBOUND in s050.. once the response reached to SRM.. this class will update the status..

Saravanan

devrajsinghr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs.

I have created a test scenario and I can see the email going till SOST with Smart form as body but I could not see Approve and reject hyper link over there ?

Can any one suggest on this.

Regards

Devraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devraj,

did you flag the Email-Format "HTML" and Approval Buttons to "available" in your report /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND ?

Regards

Joe

devrajsinghr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

When I checked HTML format, that time there was not data rendering on the SOST email copy. but text format was displaying properly.

Regards

Devraj

former_member578547
Participant
0 Kudos

Dev ,

/SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND is a report which gives a mail . Donot messup and get confusion .

One point that , Related to HTML buttons , i donot know. Expers like Saravanan or Masa may give a idea.

Let me know if you require any inputs.

Balaji.T.

devrajsinghr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

any inputs on HTML buttons?

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Regards

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you use office 2007? If so please check the explanation:

The standard solution to deal is described in note 1247911:

According to note 1247911 the users have to open the mail in a window

(double click) and use the option "other actions" -> "view in browser"

to see and use all functionalities of the mail.

Thanks,

Melina

devrajsinghr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Using LN8

devrajsinghr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

I have progress in this issue but I am still not getting the approve and reject hyperlinks nor buttons in the form.

In debug mode When I check the changing parameter of CT_FOLLOWUP_URLS then I can only find the entry for ACTION_TYPE = LOGON.

I guess approve and reject is something to take with this table entry only.

Now my query is link LOGON entry came automatically into this table, APPROVE n REJECT should also come or do we need to code for that.

Regards

Devraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i was implementing the same functionality in one my customer two years ago with Lotus Note 8, i faced the same issue.. the buttons are not visible even i choose Approval Buttons in HTML Mail...i have got a pilot note from SAP and IBM also gave some hot fix. i dont find the note number from my backup..SORRY.. try to open a OSS message for button issue..

Saravanan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are looking for the option to attach the attachment that has been added in the SC, then system will automatically attach them into offline email.. you have to choose the Attach Document Attachments in the /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND..

Saravanan