cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking delivery point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I´m a beginner with SAP so please excuse me if I have put this thread in the wrong forum.

I´m working on my Masters right now and the subject is a big multinational company with some communication problems between different divisions.

They use SAP and has done so for the last 6-7 years.

My question to you experts is if there is anys solution the the following problem:

The company have a storage division, and they are responsible for all loading to trucks and railway. They are responsible for 5 different products, each one with a uniqe loading station (because of the nature of the products, they are loaded in different ways).

When the transport/logistic division is getting a new order from a customer they have no possibility to see how big the "grade" is on every station. F.ex if all the stations are full one, then the transport division still can put an order for loading of a new truck.

I´m looking for an applikation like Outlooks "Book meetings" where the storage personel can put up their planning so the transport division can see it and plan new orders when there is any free time.

I hope that you understood my question and you have to excuse me for my poorly english.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frequenter,

for a beginner you did not post a question... you posted a business study for an implementation proposal.

Probably your master is over and we hope with good results.

Let's keep it easy. It could be useful for the future as well...

"Everything is possible. It is just a matter of: motivation, time, resources and budget."

Once this statement is integrated, then becomes easy: reduce the issue up to the minimal portion. Look for the origin of the issue.

Did you see it?

You can not know the "grade" level if you can not measure it.

One site with 5 storage location, one location per product: this is the starting point.

Warehouse WM managed would represent an advantage. Integration with a TRM system could be an additional value for the solution.

Anyway, congratulation for your first post. Start immediately with a business study is challenging.

Good you tried! Anyway remeber that this is simply an SAP forum where people like you (working, studing, learning) invest own personal free time to help others. For this reason you did not get lot of answers.

A study analysis is a job and consultancy company are there for that.

I hope you may understand the point. If your account is still valid, please remember to close this post.

I considered nice to answer you explaning why no answer since April. Sometimes it happens. I liked your idea, a beginner that needs to design a business case and implementation planning.

Everything depends by the question and the issue. A study analysis is not an issue, is just a job.

Hope to see you again in the SAP forum (with SMART question next time, right?).

Best regards,