cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Scenario using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did whatever mentioned in that blog(/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit). Also I do have some experience in BPM.

After testing I don't see the file inthe outbound directory. So I started analysing from all sides.

1. First checked the message in my sxi_monitor, it black and white flag showed that the message processed successfully.

2. I opened the message and saw the message from CENTRAL Client passed to PE ADAPTER Client with tooltip showing "Transfer to Process engine".

1. First I checked whether my BPM is correct by pressing F7. There is no syntax error.

2. I checked in sx_cache, the ReturnCode was 0.

3. In smq2 I saw a message stuck in the PE queue. I double clicked the queue and saw the status text as "Permanent error in BPE inbound processing". So I kept debugging by pressing F8 and after that the message got disappeared.

4. I opened the message in sxi_monitor, and after the CENTRAL Client the message passed to PE ADAPTER, which measn the meesage has got transferred to process engine. But i'm not seeing any change in the file.

5. Also what I did was use transaction SXMB_MONI and chose process radio button and execute. Located my message but there is no task value which starts with 'WS..' in Process def column.

Can you please pinpoint where i went wrong and anything else?

One more thing, everytime i test the new file the file goes and gets stuck in the queue and I have got to follow the item 3 mentioned above.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the BPM involve a RFC call within ? or are you sending the result of BPM to RFC ?

try to get into the Process from SXMB_MONI_BPE and check for point of failure if the failure is at transformation then u can test the mapping externally in Message Mapping if the error is either at sender PIPELINE or receiver PIPELINE you can test it externally.

Don't complete the BPM and start testing better to test at each step for expected results that better way to troubleshoot

Yes I agree there are no better options than manually deleting the entry from Queue for BPM errors right now.

Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore, The second block is a synchronous send block in the BPM triggers the call to RFC. I've done it as per the blog. There is no transformation step in the BPM. Anyway I fixed the issue. In the receive block whatever container value I used should be used in the send block also. Earlier I was getting some warning. Now my BPM is clean and it worked.

Lesson learnt: Ensure there is no warning in the BPM. Thanks again Kishore.

Thanks,

Edited by: XISearch on Apr 29, 2011 5:20 AM

Edited by: XISearch on Apr 29, 2011 5:24 AM

Edited by: XISearch on Apr 29, 2011 5:24 AM

Edited by: XISearch on Apr 29, 2011 5:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore, The second block is a synchronous send block in the BPM triggers the call to RFC. I've done it as per the blog. There is no transformation step in the BPM. Anyway I fixed the issue. In the receive block whatever container value I used should be used in the send block also. Earlier I was getting some warning. Now my BPM is clean and it worked.

Lesson learnt: Ensure there is no warning in the BPM. Thanks again Kishore.