cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 Operation mapping - Multiple message mapping - one to many issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing this issue in PI 7.1 and I beleive i did similar one in PI 7.0 successfully.

I have an operation mapping with two message mappings.

The occurence of source message of operation mapping is 1

The occurence of target message of operation mapping is 0..unbounded

Corresponding i configured two message mappings

For message mapping-1

Source message occurence = 1 and Target message occurence = 1

For message mapping-2

Source message occurence = 1 and Target message occurence = 0...unbounded

When i test message mappings individually they are working good. But when i test it in operation mapping, the operation mapping is not working..as it is not able to convert single occurence output of message mapping -1 to the second message mapping-2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
For message mapping-1
Target message occurence = 1

the above target message should be exactly same as below target message

For message mapping-2
Source message occurence = 1

execute mapping 1 as standalone and then use the result in the source tab of mapping 2....it should give you a valid output.

what have you given the occurence of the target message in mapping 2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The target message of message mapping-1 is same as source message mapping-2.

To confirm you again, I provided input to message mapping-1, executed it, copied the output of message mapping-1 --> put it as input to message mapping-2 and executed it. --> This scenario works good.

But when i test it in operation mapping..i face the message structure issue that i mentioned previously

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the exact error you get when running the operation mapping ?

can you set the trace level to debug ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I increased the trace level to All. The error is, with the context of the structure...

When we test operation mapping with source - occurence 1 and target occurence 0..unbounded , the test message structure looks as below:

-

Message1

-

MT_abcdef

-

Recordset

But the message structure that message mapping-1 [configured in ops mapping] expects the message in the below format:

--MT_abcdef

-

Recordset

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

these tags will come when you change the occurence....why is the structure of message mapping 1 changed? If not wrong the structure of target of message mapping 2 should be having the above tags

Former Member
0 Kudos

please post the message here that you get when executing

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message that i get when testing in operation mapping:

Runtime Exception when executing application mapping program com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_MessageMapping_1_; Details: com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.IllegalInstanceException; Cannot create target element /ns0:MT_MessageMapping_1_TargetMessageType/RECORDSET. Values missing in queue context. Target XSD requires a value for this element, but the target-field mapping does not create one. Check whether the XML instance is valid for the source XSD, and whether the target-field mapping fulfils the requirement of the target XSD

My question is, has somebody mapped similar scenario in your environment? If yes, can you please provide details.

Operation mapping : 1 to 0..unbounded

-

Message Mapping1: 1 to 1

-

Message Mapping2: 1 to 0...unbounded

Former Member
0 Kudos

does your second mapping contain Messages/Messages1 tags ?

have you mapped /ns0:MT_MessageMapping_1_TargetMessageType/RECORDSET and do you actually get a value ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

does your second mapping contain Messages/Messages1 tags ?

-

Yes

have you mapped /ns0:MT_MessageMapping_1_TargetMessageType/RECORDSET and do you actually get a value ?

-

Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it will not work while testing from operation mapping since the second message mapping is of multi-mapping.

Try to run the scenario end-to-end and then check.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even end to end is also not working. Same issue that I face when i perform operation mapping test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then make sure that the structure of the Target message of Mapping 1 is same as the structure of the Source message of Mapping 2.

-Supriya.