cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message is not triggered for contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here is the issue. I need to show an error message whenever a user wants to close a contract which has open purchase orders. I have written the logic in BADI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to trigger the message. Though the message is populated via BADI, the error message is not triggered in the output.

So contract goes to completed status with those open POs. How to make the error message to be displayed in the screen?

Kindly provide your valuable suggestions.

Thanks.

regards

K Arasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arasu

Please update the piece of code which you have written to achieve your business requirement.

i understand your requirement.

for example

5600001 is one contract and it has nine purchase orders 3400001 to 3400009 .

in these nine Purchase order any one or more open POs you should not allow the BUYER to COMPLETE ( close) the contract.

Are you in classic mode or Are you completing the GOAs ?

so technical resource can identify you where the defect in your code ? since it has to check your backend open Purchase order(s) against the CONTRACT.

Hope you aware this COMPLETE button dont require any approval and immediately sets the lock all the item and contract become dead and Buyer no more massage this contract any more so you need to give tight validation here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using extended classic scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The logic works fine and it checks if there are open POs and populate the error message correctly. however the error is not shown in the SRM screen.

Edited by: k arasu on Apr 28, 2011 2:36 PM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1261143 - Closing Contract Document without any confirmation