Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Delivery copy to shipment document without route in delivery order

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a very basic query. We dont need routes in delivery order and/or in shipment document. So, can we attach delivery order with shipment document without having routes being entered in the delivery order? if yes then please guide how to setup the system to stop checking routes in delivery order while attaching them in the shpiment document.

Note: the delivery order is outbound delivery.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Sorry Robert, Just to clarify, if the delivery has no route defined in the header data, when selecting in VT01N/VT02N, the system will simply be unable to find the delivery.

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks stephen for your input. my query is that if routes are not applicable to our scenario (i.e. customer shipments are triggered without route management) then why the user has to maintain routes in delivery order?

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

The reason for this is that the shipment creation process uses the transportation relevance of the route in the selection phase, without a route defined in the delivery, no decision can be made on the inclusion or exclusion of the delivery from the shipment.

Regards

Stephen

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks stephen for your information

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

On of the preconditions for shipment creation is that the route is relevant for transportation, without this, deliveries cannot be added to a shipment.

The 2 customizing conditions for adding deliveries to shipments are:

- the delivery type is relevant for transportation

- the route is relevant for transportation

Both are defined in the customizing path:

SPRO > Logistics Execution > Transportation > Shipments > Maintain Transportation Relevance

Regards

Stephen