cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM import manager problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have very strange problem on our test environment. The problem is with Import Manager. All maps set up t oautomatisk on test server have structructural error, however when I use exactly that same map on manual then all is fine. Each error cause the port to block, but on manual import all is fine.

Did you experianced something like that, We are about to install SP6 on the test env. do you know if that can help?

We have MDM 7.1 SP5 now. Servers are 64.

Thank you for help with that strange problem.

BR

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rafal,

What your import server logs says about the Structural Exceptions?

Also, do you have msxml04sp02.msi installed on your Import Server Machine?

If not then try installing the same on your Import Server machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

pick the file from Prodcution and try to import manually in D/Q to see if it works

WORKS - means the xml generated and put in ready folder is wrong in D/Q env

DOESNT WORK - replace the xsd in D/Q with the same one as used in the prod

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrivit

I just finish testing all the steps described by you, unfortunatelly I have exactly that same problem.

I used xsd file from prod, and also file with records to upload. Situation is not changed each time file is moved to Exceptions - structural.

Do you have any other ideas how to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance.

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafal,

When there is no problem with manual import, then there is no problem with the XSD.

Did you try as per the SAP note mentioned by me above?

Kindly let me know the result if you tried the solution mentioned in the note.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan

Unfortunatelly that will not help. I am using copy paste file from my desktop to the READY folder, file is waiting ~30 sec in the folder and is moved to Exceptions. I am sure the whole file is copied to the ready folder.

I also agreed with you that is not xsd file problem. If manual load of the file works and later I am trying to set up port to automatic uplad. Manual works perfectly fine, but automaticis failing. I am uning exactly that same file guring upload.

We have that problem with all repositories, not only with one.

If you have any ideas please share.

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafal,

In this case, this seems to be a MDIS bug.

I suggest to raise an OSS note for the same.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan

Thank you for your input, we will contact SAP then.

Have a nice day.

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you take the xml from the Xception folder and try to import manually

do u get any errors ??

if NO - then its the XSD file in ur console settings for the PORT thats the culprit!

change the xsd to the correct XML format that u want

the practise is to generate this XSD from XI (PI)

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej

Thank you for suggestion.

When I have the file generated from PI in ready folder, and I use Import Manager to upload records manually all is fine. But once I change the port in MDM Console to upload files Automatically it fails. The strange is manually works, automatic exactly that same file upload is failing.

I will check xsd.

The most strange is that all - that same sonfigration works perfectly fine on our PROD environment.

Do you know if all our servers that is P/Q/T should work on exactly that same port?

Thank you for help.

BR

Rafal

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rafal -

1. Check whether your schema which you are using in the specific port is same as the structure of the XML file placed in the

ready folder. structural error occur even if the schema is not matching.

2. Also make sure your import server is running properly. try restart after setting of ports

3. ensure that the root set in mds.ini. is the root of distribution directory where Ready folder resides

also check the below link for similar issue

hth

thx

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafal,

If PI is pushing the files to the MDM inbound folder, this problem sometimes occurs.

The main reason is that the MDIS tries to import the .xml file even before it is copied completely to the ready forlder and schema structure seems to be different for MDIS.That is the reason it goes to the structural execption.

If this is the same case with you, please follow the SAP note 1276811.

This will solve your problem.

Regards,

Sravan