Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude Planned Costs - Define Tolerance Limit - Budget Control

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to customize our system in order to exclude the planned costs of the project of the budget availability control.

Example: If once I have budgeted and released the project I add a component to the project I do not want to any error message to appear. Error should only appear once I generated the Purchase Requisition for an amount superior to the WBSE budget.

We have been trying with the customizing point "Define Tolerance Limit", trying with different combination of the Activities Groups but we haven't succeed.

Has anybody tried this before? Could anybody give me a hint?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activity Group 02 represents the orders of the project(Networks), So except 02 and ++ define tolerance limit for all other activity groups and check.

SAP note 628978 explains the transaction groups in detail.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The moment you save the project (after making changes to your project, say, adding new component), system will check against the budget (since AVAC is already active).

We are trying to customize our system in order to exclude the planned costs of the project of the budget availability control.

We have been trying with the customizing point "Define Tolerance Limit", trying with different combination of the Activities Groups but we haven't succeed.

This is not possible.

As an alternative, what you can do it, before adding the new component to the project activity, you need to update your budget (suppliment) with the expected cost of the componet you are adding. This way, you can avoid this error.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amaresh Makal,

I have not explained well our requirements, or maybe I did not understand your alternative.

We do not want to update the budget, we would like to let users to increase planned costs at any time. What we do not want is "Actual+Commitment" to be higher than the budget.

Actual + Commitment <= Budget --> OK

Planned Cost > Budget --> OK

Thanks all for your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to mention some points about this scenario....

Yes this kind of process is followed when the budget for the WBS is fixed during the bidding phase itself.So that the budget is first allocated to the WBS element and the detail planning by the project engineers under the WBS element happens in the due course of time.

Now I have a doubt in your scenario, when you say actual and commitments are generated.Do they plan the cost first and then convert it into commitments and further actual postings? or Do they generate commitments manually irrespective of whther the material has been planned under the WBS elemnt.If that is your case you may face certain issues like

1) Always you information system report will not give a proper analysis, you should often refer to the budget report for your baseline cost.

2)During period end closing,as the project engineers are permitted to plan at any point of the project, there wont be fixed total plan cost as RA refer only to costs and not to budget.As a result there will be lot of shuffling happening in your Project result reports.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In our scenario, the costs are always planned under a WBSE (by adding components manually or using BOM Transfer functionality). Once they have been planned they are converted to commitments and actual costs.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We didn't succeed setting the system in order to not consider the planned cost in the control availability control.

One option is to not calculate the planned cost by setting the "Plan Cost Calculation" parameter of the header network to "0 Do not determine planned costs".

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By my knowledge its not possible as per your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintian the following settings for Tolerance limit and check,

Transaction Group - ++

Availability Control Action - 3

Usage - 101%

Also check tha budget profile that you have assigned to the Project profile.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the beginning we had:

Transaction Group - ++

Availability Control Action - 3

Usage - 100%

With this setting when we increase the planned cost the system displays an error message and we can't save the project.