cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B1iC Error: Cannot connect to SAP Business One Integration Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I've installed the SAP Business One Integration Component (B1iC) on a laptop computer (standalone).

Everything works fine while the pc is connected to the net, but when I unplug the net cable, I get this

message in logging in to SAP:

"Cannot connect to SAP Business One Integration Service.

In the Microsoft Services window, make sure this service is running."

What is strange is that if I run the Integration Framework --> SLD (System Landscape Directory) and

test the connections for my company (Globaldemo), both B1DI and JDBC, I get a successful connection,

even if the net cable unplugged! Testing the connections in the EventSender setup works fine as well!

When installing the B1iC, I've always used the computer name "MyPc" and not the IP address, because when the

computer is plugged, it gets the 172.18.1.18 address via dhcp, otherwise it has the 127.0.0.1

My guess is that the problem has something to do with the DNS, the lack of name service resolving

when the laptop is unplugged ( the domain being, say, MyPc.intra.company.com ).

So I added in the License Manager --> Setting --> Configure Security both MyPc and

MyPc.intra.company.com as DB Server, but get same error.

The Dashboard says:

Cannot connect to SAP Business One Integration Service.

Proceed as follows:

1. In the Microsoft "Services" window, ensure that this service has been started.

2. Log off from the application; then log on and try again.

But this service is running fine and responding to the SLD. I repeat, even with the net cable unplugged.

SAP version is 8.81

If you have any idea, please help me.

Thanks in advance,

G.B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that your firewall and antivirus is off or otherwise please add exceptions to your firewall for SAP.

Close all your SBO clients session. Then go to start-> services.msc on server machine and restart SAP services in following order:

1) SBO SLD Service

2) SBO License Service

3) SBO Integration Service

Now restart gain SBO client and you will not find this issue again.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Solutions are available Unless And until a fresh new clean intallations..

Regards

Rahul

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Giorgio,

If you reboot your PC while note connected to the internal network, does B1ic work correctly?

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

thank you for your reply!

Yes, I did a pc reboot while not connected, but unfortunately got the same error ...

Still struggling with this problem.

Giorgio.

ps. Is there some kind of debugging tools to see why the connection attempt goes wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't anybody have an idea anymore?

G.B.

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Giorgio,

Do you use McAfee for firewall & antivirus on your machine?

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eddy

THe Trouble Shootinn Guide Talks about every thing except this error, Which is the one Every one is struggling withThe Dashboard says:

Proceed as follows:

1. In the Microsoft "Services" window, ensure that this service has been started.

PLease let us know if anyone or the Authur of this Guide has solved ?

Best Regards

Dayal

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any of the Moderators, SAP Employees or any Experts gives step by step guide how to solves this issue.

Did everything mentioned in trouble shooting document (latest) so many times but could not able to solve this problem .

Always getting error " Authenication failed "

Ashish Gupte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

any update or solution for same error,

We all are facing same issue, Can we get any document for same.

Thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos

Same here, we still can't connect to the dashboard and keep getting "Sap business one integration service authentication failed." even though our connection B1DI and JDBC tested correctly in the integration framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have just faced the same issue. i.e.

Proceed as follows:

I am using 8.82 PL 0

have anyone find the step by step solution for the same. also do we need to contact SAP Technical Team directly

thanks

Sri

Edited by: Srikumarsap on Feb 28, 2012 7:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only way I have fixed that problem is by doing a clean install.

Also, if you have any firewalls/anti-virus' running it will cause problems with the Integration server.

Edited by: Seth Davis on Feb 28, 2012 8:20 AM