cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapdata Limitations / Performance on application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently we are maintaining our ERP systems in Windows / Oracle 10 environment and our sapdata has reached to 63 of its datafile in one of the tablespace (e.g PSAPSR3). My question is :

1 - Is there any impact on performance if we keep extending it by creating a new datafile rather than extending the datafile itself?

2 - Is it recommended to set the datafile to autoextensible in the tablespace - PSAPSR3?

3 - Is it a normal practice to have such amount of datafile with its monthly data growth sometime can be up to 500MB

Regards,

Hazrienne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How you are calculating the growth of a data file?

if it is the growth of tablespace - its very less

And to avoid no. of data files, just add bigger files in size than normal what you are currently adding.

DB performance depends on I/O speed, Disk partitions, data file distribution etc

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correction - its 500mb per week. Anyway tq for the explanations, but since it is production its quite difficult to make a major task unless if its critical. But is it a normal practice to add the datafile in future? My concern is on the performance of the DB

Former Member
0 Kudos
of datafile with its monthly data growth sometime can be up to 500MB

Confusing - 500M growth per month is very less DB growth, then how your datafiles gone up to 63?

And its totally depends on the structure that you currently have - Size of data files that you are adding, total size of tablespace, free space of tablespace etc (You can free up the space by reorg, export/import, tablespace migr etc).

Regards,

Nick Loy