cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy Authentication Required HTTP Error 407

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using PI 7.1 and have a SOAP <-> ABAP Proxy scenario.

I have created a WSDL from the "Display WSDL" wizard of the ID and shared the same with the 3rd party vendor.

While creating the WSDL, in the pipelin url, I have provided the HTTP Adapter url and also included &sap-user=XXXXXX&sap-password=XXXXXX

When the 3rd party system is invoking the WSDL using .Net , he is getting the below error:

"HTTP Error 407. Proxy Authentication Required".

Please tell me if I can do someting on my end to incorporate the Proxy credential or the 3rd party .Net system need to do on his end.

regards,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

dastefl_muc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Proxy Authentication Required HTTP Error 407 someone knows the Problem Thank you regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

a

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Piyush,

Please go through the Notes for the ablove error.

SAP Notes:#701618 and #644484

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still confused whether something needs to be done on the SAP side OR the sending side.

please confirm

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Check the 3rd party system whether they are connected via an HTTP proxy.

Regards,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Network connectivity have to be checked in both side (but probably the problem is in SAP side).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At 3rd party sender side XI authentication details needs to be provided. In .NET there is web config class where binding = basic authentication needs to be set and after that before calling the URL of XI comm channel XI authentication details needs to be passed.

please change web config file as given below:

<security mode="TransportCredentialOnly">

<transport clientCredentialType="Basic" proxyCredentialType="None"

realm="" />

<message clientCredentialType="UserName" algorithmSuite="Default" />

</security>

Regards,

Nayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayan,

The XI authentication has already been incorporated in the wsdl itself by me and is working fine.

Now the question is hot to pass the PROXY AUTHENTICATION ?

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

To pass proxy authentication, you need to contact your network administrator... probably is needed to modify access permission&exclusion in Firewall exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

This error can occur because of:

1. The connectivity port is not opened from either your end or the 3rd part's end. - Get in touch with your IS/Engineering team or Basis team to check if the connectivity is there. Need to Open an IP socket connection to that IP address.

2. The user id you have mentioned is locked, or the credentials(username/passwor) are incorrect.

Please check these and revert.

Cheers,

Souvik