cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basis documentation respository in Solution Manager?

Totorians0501
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone out there uses Solution Directory as a central repository to store Basis documentation?

If yes, I would appreciate if you can share the pros and cons and if you can also explain on how to do it, it will be perfect.

From what I have read so far, it is more for Business processes, interface, txn etc. How about documentation that are non-Business?

Thanks.

Regards,

Annie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

In my company we are using SolMan as a documentation repository for basis, we simply have defined a separate project for BASIS team, where we're putting all the useful information in form of word files, it's quite straight forward to search it with TREX.

Additionally if you want you can create "subfolders" so you can give some order to documents (for example "archiving" or "ECC" and so on). It's quite helpful to generate URL links to documents, that you can for example send in an email.

From cons... SolMan is not perfect, so if there are troubles with TREX searching documents is impossible, also you can't really provide any taging functionality like for example in wiki. Hope this will help.

Totorians0501
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gniadek, I appreciate lots that you share your experience here.

Indeed, there is no perfection in any product but what you have describe here does meet my primary objective.

Thanks once again. Points awarded.

Cheers,

Annie

Totorians0501
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gniadek,

Can I ask what project type did you use? Implementation? Upgrade or Maintenance?

I initially think Maintenance is the one but seems like Implementation is suitable if Business Process is not yet populated.

My objective is simply creating a project for Basis to store operation information. With Business Process, it will help since the documents can be linked to transactions.

What do you think?

Regards,

Annie

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

Sorry for a late answer, just didn't notice your post.

We are actually using Template as the type of the project.

Regards,

Jolanta

Answers (0)