cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retriving/Updating data from Standard to Custom WDA application in PPM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am working on PPM5.0 (project Portfolio and Management 5.0). My requiremnt is to add a new TAB on ITEM LEVELwhich will be having cutom fileds (Custom fields are added into standard table through Cutom Include). For that I have developed one WDA appllication and assigned to standard component FPM_OIF_COMPONENT. The standard ITEM LEVEL ia already having 5 tabs. So, I went to the standard application configuration and added one tab as subview and assigned my custom application to UIBB. When I am executing portal link - the tab with custom fileds are coming. But I am not able to retrive/update the data related to these UI fields on the custom tab. Where and How to proceed for this? Your valuable suggestions/help will be appreciated.

/RPM/ITEM_DETAILS is the standard WDA component used.

Thanks in advance.

Sumesh

Edited by: sumesh on Apr 28, 2011 12:05 PM

Edited by: sumesh on Apr 28, 2011 12:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sumesh,

As bhaskaran had suggested in your previous thread, you will have to use Singleton classes for the purpose of data sharing between the standard component and your custom component.

Singleton classes are the classes which are private in nature, so that they cannot be instantiated outside the class.

They do not have a consturctor.At any point of time only one instance of such a class exists.

We create an instance using one of the public static methods .

Such classes will have static attribute which will hold the instance of its own class.We create the instance of such classes in the public static method only if the class attribute(which holds the class instance) is initial.

Have a look at the below thread to see a perfect singleton class.

[Singleton|;

So I would suggest you to try to create a singleton class and create attributes for each of the data item that you need to communicate to the custom component and set them accordingly from your standard component(You will have to enhance the standard component for that).

Then in the custom component's view, you can read the same attributes(of the singleton class) that you have set and set the context and hence the data will be populated in the screen.

Thanks,

Aditya.