cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP server disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently i have installed Nw EP 7.0 EHP1 on windows 2008 R2 with Oracle 11g.

Now when i checked in SAP MMC EP system deleted.

But Usr/sap/sid folder are there in the location

i checked services.msc sid_instance nr not started, i tried starting that but showing error.

in cmd oracle is working,

can any one pls tell how to restore the sap system.

Thanks

AS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MMC will only show the SAP system if the service is running.

What is the exact error you are getting while starting the service?3

1. Check SAPService<SID> user is not locked & has correct password

2. Check if the
<hostname>\sapmnt\SYS\profile directory is accessible.

Regards,

Rajneesh

Edited by: Rajneesh on Apr 28, 2011 12:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

Thanks for your reply.

when i start the service SAPSID_01 in services.msc

**********************************************************************************

the Error is:

Windows cannot start the SAPSID_01 service on local computer.

Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.

**********************************************************************************

Actually two service for EP in services.msc.

SAPSID_01 is there and not starting

SAPSID_00 is not there and i am not able to see this service.

Thanks

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

So there are 2 issues.

1. for SAPSID_01: the error clearly shows that there is some issue with the account SAPServcie<SID>

either it is locked or the password is wrong. please check

2. For SAPSID_00: No issue if the service got deleted. You can re-install the service. But before that you need to know 00 is SCS or CI. after idetifying the same, goto exe directory & doublw click sapstartsrv.exe. You will get 1 pop-up. enter all the details like user id, password & profile (
.....\profile\instance profile of SCS or CI )

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. How to unlock the SAPServiceSID in sql.

i tried this command alter user OPS$DEFIANCEDEPSAPSERVICEDEP unlock; but no luck.

How to check the status of this user SAPServiceSID?

2. Service SAPSID_00 is CI.

thanks

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

for 1. check in local computer / domain (depending on what type of user you are using local/domain) check the service which type of user is maintained logon TAB.

for 2. use the sapstartsrv.exe from usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\exe\sapstartsrv.exe . Provide the required inputs in the pop-up

Regards,

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

for 1. check in local computer / domain (depending on what type of user you are using local/domain) check the service which type of user is maintained logon TAB.

for 2. use the sapstartsrv.exe from usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\exe\sapstartsrv.exe . Provide the required inputs in the pop-up

As per your input, i have tried to creating service in this location usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\exe\sapstartsrv.exe, i have given all the entries when i click OK im getting an error saying

Error:

********************************************************************************************************************************

Cannot install service.

Create Service failed: 421

The account name is invalid or does not exits, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

All the entries are correct. but getting the above error.

Can you tell me how to resolve this issues.

thanks

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

As per your input, i have tried to creating service in this location usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\exe\sapstartsrv.exe, i have given all the entries when i click OK im getting an error saying

Error:

********************************************************************************************************************************

Cannot install service.

Create Service failed: 421

The account name is invalid or does not exits, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

All the entries are correct. but getting the above error.

Can you tell me how to resolve this issues.

thanks

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the user name and you are providing and check password ?

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

The error is self-explanatory. There is some issue with the account which you are providing.

Which account type you are using, local / domain account?

you need to check the password & lock status

Regards,

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

Problem solved now EP system is up and running.

Solution is:

As you said there is problem in User ID only,

even i have changed the password for the user SAPService<SID>, but after that also i faced the problem.

jus created the new services using sapstartsrv.exe and my mistake i jus typed the user name as SAPservice SID but system not recognized that. after i changed like "./SAPServiceSID" then it was started, and also im able to see in SAP MMC.

Thank you so much for your help.

thanks

AS.