Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP communication channel

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring sender SOAP communication channel. I see only "CENTRAL ADAPTER ENGINE" in the Adapter engine type. I do not see any INTEGRATION SERVER in the drop down option.

Kindly help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will not get INTEGRATION SERVER option in the selection list as it is not a ADAPTER ENGINE type. In the drop down all the adapter engines (central or local) name will appear. I think you have only central adapter engine in your landscape, so you can see only central adapter engine option.

Regards,

Nayan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thank you

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I do not see any INTEGRATION SERVER in the drop down option.

you dont need to see it either....I think your intention is to send the SOAP message directly to the IS of PI, by-passing AE..and hence you are looking for the Integration Server option...this is achieved by the PI-URL which is called by the sending application.

For more information refer this: /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The integration server value is only available for plain http/idoc/xi sender/receiver adapters. For SOAP, since it resides on the Java stack, it is found in the Adapter Engine (centralized/decentralized).

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can only see central adapter engine or decentral engine (if deployed in ur XI server) under Adapter Engine section while configuring channel.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fc/5ad93f130f9215e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you need INTEGRATION SERVER in the drop down option??

you have to select the Adapter Engine, Transport Protocol and Message Protocol.

In the Adapter Engine you need to select the CENTRAL ADAPTER ENGINE . This is since you have only one adapter engine. If there is any local AE, and it is correctly installed, then it will also appear in the drop down.

But INTEGRATION SERVER, which you are askin never appears!!

Please explain if u need further clarifications.

Cheers,

Souvik