cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI layout different over VPN, can't tell display/editable fields?

mark_daley
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I've been logging into a client site over a VPN for quite a while, a few weeks ago the GUI look changed dramitically, its very white and its almost impossible to tell the difference between editable and display fields.

When I click on a field it highlights it by placing a red frame around the field and also 'greys' it out even though you can still type into the field?

My colleagues inform me that in the office the GUI behaves/looks normal. I've asked them to check if the GUI has been upgraded recently.

We are on ECC6.o Logon Pad show 720 (I assume this is the GUI release?)

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are running the GUI from your local machine and not from a terminal server or Citrix since you are accessing through a VPN. The GUI you are describing sounds much like the SAP Signature Design. This theme was released back in SAP GUI 7.10 patch 11.

If it is the 7.20 version, perhaps a patch was pushed to your local machine or onto the terminal server which you are using and it defaulted back to the SAP Signature Design. Either way, you should be able to change that.

Navigate to Start > programs > SAP Front End > SAP GUI configuration.

Under there the 1st thing you should see in the upper left is visual design. Under that there is Theme preview. You should see at the top a drop down of themes. Yours probably reads SAP Signature Design. There should be a list of possible other choices which you can select and get back to the theme you had previously. Keep in mind that you must log out of SAP when changing this option or it will not take affect until SAP is closed and restarted. (Also verify that saplogon.exe is not running in task manager as sometimes it is even though it appears everything is closed.)

More questions on the SAP Signature design can be found in Note 1233328

Regards,

Zecher

mark_daley
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Zecher, you hit the nail on the head. Perfect.

Answers (0)