cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wanted to delete extra space within the WBS element name. Eg:-DWMHQ-0003*-0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My client has created the opex project as below but unknowingly added an extra space between the project definition and element suffix. When trying to use project element u2013 DWMHQ-0003-320 to charge a sales order they are getting an error message. I thinks it is the extra space between the -0003 and the -320. I was able to delete the extra space on the Short ID but I cannot seem to get the system to update the WBS Element section. I would like to remove the extra space from all the elements between the 0003 and the -000, -100, etc. Can you help me? I have tried to adjust it on the Project Summarization screen, etc. but each time I could not get the system to recognize my change/save. Or will it update overnight from the Short ID change?

u2022 DWMHQ-0003-000 should have been DWMHQ-0003-000 ( - space between DWMHQ-0003 and -000)

I have likewise tried to delete the extra space but the changes are not being saved by SAP.

Thank you in anticipation for your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If automatic version creation of WBS elements in REL status is active,then it will not permit you to revert back to your previous WBS ID.This setting is defined as default in customisation.There are various threads available which hint on some SAP notes for this.Kindly search them.