cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed the SAP SCM 7.0 on Windows 2008 Enterprise 64 bits running over Oracle 10G, and when I run the DRP transaction, it stays for a long time running, about 14 hours. So I installed the SAP SCM on another server with the same hardware configuration, but running on Linux RedHat and ran the DRP transaction with the same parameters and it ran on 7 hours.

Is it normal?

Is the SCMu2019s performance running on Linux better than running on Windows 2008?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To troubleshoot correctly here refer to the following regarding the ST12 trace and run it for analysis :

/people/hermann.gahm/blog/2009/09/08/single-transaction-analysis-st12-150-getting-started

Regards.

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do both systems have the same parameter configuration (note 830576) and patches (note 1137346)?

Were the statistics updated?

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Follow the answers:

Do both systems have the same parameter configuration (note 830576) and patches (note 1137346)?

Yes, both systems have the same parameters configuration (notes and patches).

We did the tests in same conditions to guarantee that the results will not be distorted because differences between it.

Were the statistics updated?

Yes it is.

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

Can you attach the following information (from both servers) to a server (like rapidshare)?

- SM51 -> Release Notes (screenshot of the top of the page);

- Result from note 1171650 (txt file).

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eduardo

Iu2019m sorry for delayed answer about you asked me. Iu2019m working hard on other projectu2019s tasks because the beginning of first cycle of tests.

Unfortunately I have no more the server with Linux installed. This machine was used only to compare the transaction execution between Windows and Linux and after that it was released.

I uploaded the screenshots of Windows server as you asked me on rapidshare.

https://rapidshare.com/files/459681990/SCPPerformance.rar

Please remove it after download.

https://rapidshare.com/#!index|deletefiles|2009509771884440685|459681990|SCPPerformance.rar

Thank you in advance.

Eduardo

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

Add the following parameter:

optimizer_index_cost_adj -> add with value "20"

Regards,

Eduardo