cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Error - FM /SAPAPO/CIF_PROD_INBOUND not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am configuring CIF on a fresh ECC & APO system, I have made the required configurations, but when i am trying to CIF the Location-Product, it failed

The blocked queue gave the termination message with :-

Function Module / SAPAPO/CIF_PROD_INBOUND not found &

Function Module / SAPAPO/CIF_GEN_EVENT not found

When I checked the result on the APO side, to my surprise, I am able to see the Locations getting created but no product.

Please suggest.

Regards

Manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49,

I suppose you are talking about configuring user 'RFCUSER', that is already in place with SAP_NEW and SAP_ALL; and after your message I searched RFC and added all to the role/profile tab.

But still I am having the same error.

For re-confirmation, I am able to CIF locations, but any other data (Material, Work centers) are getting error out.

Regards

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manu,

You can suppose anything you wish. Better, though, to actually find out. The userid I am talking about is the userid found in your ERP-to-SCM RFC connection, which is determined by YOUR company. I cannot say if the userid is RFCUSER since I have no access to your system.

So, in ERP, SM59 > select ABAP connections > select the RFC connection used to connect to your SCM system. Under the Logon & Security tab will be the name of the Userid that core interface will be using to 'talk' to SCM. Write down this userid.

Now log onto SCM, and do SU01 on that userid. Review his authorizations. It is OK to assign SAP_ALL to this userid for development purposes as a temporary measure. Probably a good idea to make him 'dialogue' as well until all of your interface debugging is done.

In order to determine errors with interface, refer to the logs in SCM. In SCM, SLG1 > Object CIF, everything else all asterisks, select a suitable date range. If you see no logs, you probably need to turn on logging /SAPAPO/C4

I strongly recommend that you thoroughly read the 2 documents I posted earlier. If this is your first try at connecting an ERP to an SCM system, the time will be well spent.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49,

The RFC user was not having correct authorization in the APO side, for now I have added SAP_ALL.

Please further suggest me on what should be the correct authorization that need to be attaching to the Id.

Though it was not my first time configuring, but still, I have not much knowledge on roles & security. And unfortunately no access to a Basis resource this time.

Thanks a lot again.

Regards

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manu,

Please further suggest me on what should be the correct authorization that need to be attaching to the Id.

That would be 'Authorization according to the business requirements', just like any other user. It depends upon the modules you will implement, your company's authorization and auditing policies, and whatever the Business Process Owners feel is appropriate.

If there is no Basis support available, and you are not experienced in Authorizations, then I would say that neither the Project Manager nor Business Process Owner(s) care about Authorization. In this case, put in anything you want.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some please suggest me the 'RFC' related roles and authorization that I should have in my profile.

Though I have 'SAP_NEW' and 'SAP_ALL' attached.

Also I am not sure on the profile used for calling qRFC (CIF), will the system check my authorization profile or some default SAP internal profile, as the CIF is real time.

Please suggest

Regards

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manu,

will the system check my authorization profile

?????? I thought you said you had 'made the required configurations"....???

Unless your ERP is connected to SCM using "trusted system" concept (this is uncommon), your authorization profile is irrelevant. The userid contained in the RFC connection (SM59) is the one who will need the SCM authorization. You can create this SCM userid with SAP_ALL authorization to start, in order to debug any problems, but you should, before going live, restrict this userid to have only the accesses required.

I suggest you follow the SAP best practices before posing any further questions. I have never had any problem connecting an ERP to SCM when I followed these steps.

Connectivity Configuration guide:

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B02_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Replication configuration guide:

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B05_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh,

However

1) I am able to get a successful 'connection test' in SM59 - seems RFC connection is active

2) /SAPAPO/CQ gives the error queue as 'The current application triggered a termination with a short dump' and specifies FM as '/SAPAPO/CIF_PROD_INBOUND'.

3,4) I clear the Queues before activating the model, still it error outs.

Suggest further.

Regards

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any custom code written in the Inbound User Exit on APO side.If it is there then check whether the code is correct?

If this enhancement is not activated then ask ABAP person to debug the CIF and check at which point you are getting the short dump.I think we do not have any other option now.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tibor,

I have checked the configuration numerous time myself, and in BF11 both NDI and ND-APO are checked.

If possible please suggest specifically any other config that I should recheck.

Regards

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are few points you can check in your system

1) RFC connection is active between the systems.

2) Check the /SAPAPO/CQ transaction for the error messages.

3) Check if Inbound Queues are De-registered in APO.

4) Similarly check outbound Queues are De-registered on ECC side.

I hope this will help you to solve this issue.

Regards,

Saurabh

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manu,

these errors are coming due to wrong customizing.

In transaction BF11, switch on NDI flag and run CFM2 again after deleting the existing blocked queue.

Please check if the logical systems are correctly defined.

Please check documation in help.sap.com how to setup ECC and SCM then you will not get here any error.

Regards,

Tibor