cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in synchronous communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement where a purchase req is created in a legacy system and i need to create a PO in R/3. The created PO number needs to saved in the called legacy system.

I have not worked on synchronous interface. Currently iam able to create a PO in R/3 thru asyn interface using proxies. how to acheive using syn interface.

Thkx in adv for your valuable inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check this weblog...

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

sekhar

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Achieving this without a BPM, try the following:-

Source Interface->Sync outbound type....such that you drag and drop the the source and target message types that you have created.

Target Interface-> Sync inbound type....

Mappings for request and response separately and the interface mapping can accordingly be defined (I am not very sure if you can have just one interface mapping for both request and response, but you can always check up...and that shouldn't be a major obstacle).

Go through the following blog which discusses an RFC to Webservice scenario (without a BPM), where both are synchronous interfaces, similar to your scenario...it can be helpful for you too...:-

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thkx for the input sekar. But my query is not related to files. I do not import the inputs from a file.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

How is your Legacy System going to send data to XI? Is it going to be using File or HTTP request or Webservice?

You need to see if your Sender and Receievr Adapters supports Best Effort or Synchronous COmmuncation and if they do , you can achieve this wiothout BPM.

In your case if you use HTTP , you can do this without BPM as, HTTP --- RFC as both are synchronous communication.

If you are going to send data froma laegfacy system using FIle , you need

FILE __ RFC __FILE and this requires a BPM as file adapters do not support Synch Communication.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the scenario detailed above does BPM req? If yes can u let me know why do we need a BPM and if we dont req a BPM and only a pure sync interface is req how to acieve this?

Thkx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<i>In the scenario detailed above does BPM req?</i>

Yes...

<i>If yes can u let me know why do we need a BPM</i>

File system does not support synchronous communication..So you need to design your interface as suggested weblog 1926.

Thanks,

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

BPM's are not compulsory in a sync scenario

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it always req for bringing BPM into picture when we are dealing with sync interfaces?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<i>Is it always req for bringing BPM into picture when we are dealing with sync interfaces?</i>

it depends on the requirement....

without using BPM also you can design Synchronous interfaces.

Thanks,

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Please take a look at these...

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/03/10/bpmsingle-sender-and-multiple-receivers-based-on-synchronous-exchangeswitch-part-1

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Will give u an idea!

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers