cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prforma Invoice creation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have intercompany sales flow. The flow is like, sales order will be created and for that a delivery will be created and an intercompany invoice will be created at first and after that a proforma invoice will be created with reference to the existing delivery.When we are creating the proforma invoice manually, we are able to create the proforma invoice without any problem. But when we are trying to create an proforma invoice through background job, we are facing the problem. When we checked in the billing due list also we are not able to find the pending documents for billing.

When we checked the delivery,we were able to see the status as not relevant for billing. But in the itemcategory definition, it is maintained as relevant for proforma invoice.

Can anyone help in finding out the reason why we are not able to create and invoice through back ground job.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

CS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi CS,

Please see the following information in note 301254 (Creation of billing index):

1. Relevance for billing (table TVAP):

Depending on the specification of field FKREL in table TVAP (Customizing

item category, Transaction VOV7), the system creates a billing index for

order-, delivery- or billing-reference. Without an entry, no

billing-reference exists.

If the billing-reference is 'D' (relevant for pro-forma), the system

does not set up a billing index. In this case, you can only use

Transaction VF01, however not VF04/VF06 to create pro-forma invoices.

You can create as many pro forma invoices as you like for a sales

order or a delivery because the billing status in the sales order or

delivery is not updated.

Note that items with relevancy for billing 'D' also occur in intercompany billing. If an item category is relevant for billing, that is TVAP-FKREL is not blank, and the plant belongs to a company different than selling company (linked to sales organization), then the item is automatically considered relevant for intercompany billing (VBUP-FKIVP = A). There is not a separate setting for item intercompany billing relevance.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

Kelly

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member754201
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The previous document (sales order or delivery) is not available in VF04 nor VF06 (RV60SBAT) when that document has been already invoiced; for instance through F2. On line process (VF01) is available to create the proforma. If you need a backgroud process you should maybe run it before the actual billing (the one that creates accounting document)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using the correct parameters for the background job? Technically, if you're able to create a proforma manually, you should also be able to create it in VF04 / background, providing the parameters are correct.

Although I'm also not clear on this process, based on your description.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When we checked in the billing due list also we are not 
     able to find the pending documents for billing.

Since you have already generated a billing document, the corresponding delivery will not flow in billing due list.

Coming to generation of proforma, on your comments

But in the itemcategory definition, it is maintained as 
    relevant for proforma invoice.

I am unclear that how come when an item category is set to relevant for proforma, system is allowing to generate a commercial invoice ???

I feel either your explanation is not clear or the process what you are following is wrong. I am sure, you are aware of intercompany sales process. If not, search the forum.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi