cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter sends report to incorrect controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our production box, Firefighter has been setup and has been working properly for quite some time now. Today, a few folks emailed me saying that they received reports for Firefighter usage that should actually have gone to someone else. To figure this out, I checked the following:

1. Checked with the firefighter user to ensure that they actually used firefighter at the time the report specified. YES - they did.

2. Checked with the firefighter to confirm the system and verified that the report was sent from that system specified.

3. Checked the owner, controller and firefighter table config from within Firefighter and noted that the individuals who received the reports were not the ones associated with the firefighter IDs used

4. Checked those Firefighter ID owners and controllers SU01 user master and found that there was no error in the email address

At this point, I'm not sure why the wrong people are getting those reports, as everything seems to be configured as it had be, and as it should be.

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a parameter Controller additional authorization, similar to owner additional authorization. if it is set to YES, it will go to correct controller only. Otherwise any owner can assign firefighter ID to any user and any controller can check the logs. I am not sure about emails being sent to wrong controller though.

Regards,

Sabita

Edited by: Sabita Das on May 2, 2011 6:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check the FF ID has assigned to more than one Controller in FF Dashboard and options Email.

FF Reports can be mailed to controllers/Owners by using Email in User Master record in SU01 only.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I checked the SU01 email address - no issues.

Latest is someone who hasn't EVER been associated with any Firefighter ID, and currently isn't, and she got an FF report. This person has an SAP ID, but has nothing to do with Firefighter, or Compliance Calibrator.

Have any of you experienced such an issue? The more I see this issue, the more I think it's probably extremely simple to solve and isn't a Firefighter issue at all ... but I have yet to find the answer.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a note, it seems that only one specific Firefighter ID is showing these problems. This ID has one owner, and the same person is the controller, and this person gets the reports as expected IN ADDITION to all those other people whose names are not associated with this ID. I've checked Outlook mail filters to see if, in case, there's something going on there. Nothing there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution. It seems that the user was running a background job and doing mass changes from within the FF ID and that was causing a problem - not a bug, but an unsupported use of Firefighter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Santosh,

What is your support pack level, have you recently upgraded to a new support pack?

Thanks,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on 5.2, SP13 (I think - it's one back from the very last SP that was released for 5.2).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the data correct in the table /VIRSA/ZFFCNTRL ?

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I check the table. It's consistent with the data that is configured from within Firefighter, and is correct (the controller associated with the FF ID is not the same as the one who received the report).