cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple prompt syntax for MSAS 2005 OLAP Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create a simple pre-defined @prompt filter for an OLAP universe spun up off a MSAS 2005 cube, I've taken the examples from the OLAP Best Practices document and tried many different variations but no luck in getting the filter to work. I always get the "Invalid Prompt definition. See your Business Objects administrator. (Error: WIS 00005)"

The object in question is below. I haven't worked much with OLAP universes but am well versed in relational models, having said that I'm not sure what this object is defined as.

[Recosting Date Quarter Year].[Recosting Year Number].[Recosting Year Number]

These objects show up in a drop down under the object above

-

> KEY0 (Recosting Year Number)

-

> MEMBER_VALUE (Recosting Year Number)

Example from OLAP universes best practice where I replace the object with the one I am using:

<FILTER KEY="[Recosting Date Quarter Year].[Recosting Year Number].[Recosting Year Number]"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="InList"><CONSTANT CAPTION="@Prompt('Enter Year(s)','A','Recosting Date Quarter Year.Recosting Year Number\Recosting Year Number',multi,constrained)"/></CONDITION></FILTER>

Default Universe Expression when I create a new filter:

<FILTER KEY="[Level Object definition]"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Operator"><CONSTANT Level Attribute="Value"></CONSTANT>[<CONSTANT></CONSTANT>]</CONDITION></FILTER>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

The below syntax seems to be ok. Just check the following things once:

The filter key should be the generated "Select" clause of the object on which you want to create the filter. Try replacing it with

@Select() expression.

Also the MDX expressions are Case-sensitive so just check if you have placed the exact names of the objects.

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (0)