cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I debug inbound ABAP proxy with attachments?

lars_ruhnau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the scenario file -> XI -> ABAP proxy (WAS 7.00). The content of the file is saved in customer tables. This way still works.

Additionally to the file I have to attach two further files from the same source with the same name and other extension that only have to be transferred as they are to the ABAP proxy (and then saved on application server or to a content server). In the XI monitoring I can see that the files are part of the payload. Now I want to debug the inbound ABAP proxy.

In my eyes the sproxy test environment does not support additional files/attachments, right? Is it possible to debug the ABAP proxy with attachments?

With best regards,

Lars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_dejl2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

only way I know:

1. Change/Create copy of Receiver XI Communication Channel which you are using to use your user instead of some system user (usually PIAPPLUSER).

2. Put External breakpoint in your Proxy implementation and stay logged into implementing system

3. Send file to XI and wait until Proxy message arrives to implementing system and Debug transaction starts

Hope it helps you. I used the same procedure to debug Inbound proxy with attachments one year ago and it worked. You just have to remember that at the end you must switch rec. channel back to system user.

Cheers,

Martin

Edited by: Martin Dejl on Apr 28, 2011 3:28 PM

lars_ruhnau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thanks, that helps. It can be so easy

Meanwhile I found transaction SRDEBUG for those purposes but it is not necessary. A simple external breakpoint in combination with an according RFC destination works well.

Best regards,

Lars

Answers (0)