cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.20 NwSapSetupAdmin does not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all!

via NwCreateInstServer I am setting up a 7.20 installation server on an Windows 2003 server. After installing and patching the server I am getting the "installaton succeeded"-mesage, but when I am starting NwSapSetupAdmin nothing happens. I can see the task NwSapSetupAdmin for a second or two in the task manager, then it disappears.

What could be the reason for this error? Is there a chance to see some error log´s? I found no Logs regarding this error in %PROGRAM FILES%SAPSapSetupErrors, no log´s in %PROGRAM FILES%SAPSapSetupLOGs either. I also checked the installed .Net Framework. Installed are 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1

kind regards

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Highly recommend OSS 1587566 to patch the installation server - many fixes in there!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it works now, after installing 720 PL7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alexander

please check the Windows event Viewer.

Also please check the NWsapsetupadmin.log files in your LOGS

folder on the Installation sever ( c:\program files\sap\sapsetup\logs )

Whenever you start the NWsapsetup.exe or Nwsapsetupadmin.exe a log file is

created in the logs folder.

There you can see what was happened.

Best Regards

Sven

former_member283791
Participant
0 Kudos

We had the same problem this morning after deploying Business Client 3.0 on the front end installation server. Afterwards the admin tool just didn't work anymore. Couldn't find any information about it and we were running out of time so went for the quick and dirty solution.

Without deleting our installation server first we just grabbed yesterday's backup and through it over it. This meant all files that existed before the NWBC install were overwritten all others were kept.

Now the admin tool starts without any issues and the NWBC is still installed

Hope this could help someone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

many thanks for your suggestions!

Sven, as I already pointed out, there is no log entry in %PROGRAM FILES%SAP\SapSetup\LOGs after Nwsapsetupadmin.exe failed to start.

Eric, I cannot apply the patch. To install it you have to start the server which is the main problem I have here.

I will wait until PL7 is released and then try to set up the server again.

kind regards

Alexander