Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete the old CUA and build a new CUA on the Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I'm about to delete the old CUA and build a new CUA on the Solution Manager.

The users are in multiple systems almost the same.

This raises the following questions:

If I export the printers from the old CUA in a file and import into the new CUA (Solution Manager, then the printer can be administered directly in Solman?

Furthermore, if I depended on the second or third child System and attached to the new CUA, the user description data are not overwritten, as bsp: with the description data of the last-connected system?

By delete the CUA child system in which users are blocked. Can you handle it?

I thank you in advance

Mirsad

2 REPLIES 2

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

> If I export the printers from the old CUA in a file and import into the new CUA (Solution Manager, then the printer can be administered directly in Solman?

-->the assignment of printers, not the printers themselves of course....

> Furthermore, if I depended on the second or third child System and attached to the new CUA, the user description data are not overwritten, as bsp: with the description data of the last-connected system?

If you mean adress data, already existing adresses are not overwritten. Such users will show up in scug as 'identical' or different' and can be handled accordingly.

> By delete the CUA child system in which users are blocked. Can you handle it?

Users without assignement to the central system get a global lock if the cua is removed in the central system. They still exist in usr02 in the central system, but with the global lock flag as indication, that they existed only for adminstrative means. The local lock flags in the child systems stay untouched. So if you take over these users into the new CUA they get the correct lock flag form the child system.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for supporting

Best regards

Mirsad