cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel Config Missing after transport using CTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question, why configuration of third party communication channel like ftp, jdbc, soap, etc is missing after transport to production system? however, the xi communication channel still there. I'm confuse whether this is a normal condition or not.

I have search to all documentation but didn't have the answer..

Please help

Thx,

Glenn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Glenn,

From SAP Help:

Note the following for communication channels: To avoid messages being sent from a productive system to systems in the test landscape, the Integration Builder only exports a selection of attributes. Therefore, address data (host, port) and access data (user, password) are not contained in the export. In the adapter metadata in the ES Repository, such attributes are flagged as not transportable (they depend on the adapter type and are fixed). Once new objects have been imported, you must add the non-transportable attributes in the target system. These additions are retained in any further import of the object.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/39/f3103e02db137de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thx to everyone who response my question.. it's clear for me now that address data (host, port) and access data (user, password) not include in export for the first time..

Thx,

Glenn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This Question is in another 3D...

However,

As per i know Whenever basis team transports the Channel to another server few parameter will be go as blank and its SAP standard because the Development or Quality and Production systems configuration are different and the Quality system configuration should not go to production that's why few parameters (Server ,User ID , password and Folder structure) are empty while transport and basis team will configure as a "TBC " or any other temp parameter else they cant activate the Objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

It is the same for SAP adapter (like JMS) the first time you transport them.

The Hostname, Port, Queue Manager, Queue, etc, is set to default value. you have to configure them after the transport.

But if you transport it a second time (to the same environment), the configuration you entered the first time should remain.

Regards,

Martin