cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification controls doesn't appear in LM02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are busy with implementation of HUM and RF scanning. One of the requirements is to scan a HU/SU and show the TO information. That is no problem with LM02. There is also a requirement that we have to set some verification controls, also no problem. But....... the combination of LM02 and verification controls is a problem.

I have set the verification controls for the right movementtype, source en destination storage type. When I scan the SU the verfication fields are not shown in LM02. Now the strange thing, when I scan the transfer order (of the SU that I used in LM02) with LM03/LM05 the verification fields are shown!

If i'm right and what I heard from some colleagues it must be able to use verification controls in LM02. Has someone an idea what the problem can be?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rene,

I guess by now your problem must be solved but just to add my 5 cents, the reason you can't verify the SU in the destination screen is that you started LM02 by scanning the SU number;  Thus, the system thinks it is not necessary to scan it again.  If you debug the function module you can see this in a comment by the programmer:

*if TO is selected by SU we dont verify it in the source/dest screens

IF I_IGNORE_SU IS INITIAL.

That's why LM05 and LM03 allow such verification.

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Can you confirm if this only occurs on the source screen of LM02? There are certain screens in which the customized verification profiles are overrided. This is done in the function module SET_VERIFICATION_FIELD:

if sy-tcode = con_lm02 or sy-tcode = con_lm13.
      clear VERIFICATION_TYPE-VER_SOURCE_MAT.
      clear VERIFICATION_TYPE-VER_SOURCE_QTY.
      clear VERIFICATION_TYPE-VER_SOURCE_BIN.
      clear VERIFICATION_TYPE-VER_SOURCE_SU.
      clear VERIFICATION_TYPE-VER_DEST_MAT.
      clear VERIFICATION_TYPE-VER_DEST_QTY.
      IF NOT LTAP-KGVNQ IS INITIAL.
        CLEAR O_SKIP_SOURCE.
      ELSE.
        O_SKIP_SOURCE = F_T313A-DISPL.
      ENDIF.
    endif.

SAP usually advises that the source screen is skipped in LM02 to avoid any possible inconsistancies are caused by the use of verification fields (For example, several TO items with the same destination SU, if there is an error in the verification and the process is ended, it may leave the SU data in an inconsistant state.)

Regards

Stephen

Edited by: Stephen Brennan on Apr 27, 2011 4:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

It occurs also on the destination screen of the LM02. After you reply I tried to skip the source screen, but i it is shown after I adjusted the customizing, Assign Verification Profiles to Goods Movements.

Rene

0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Which fields are you trying to verify? In destination screen you are able to scan only the destination bin and the SU for verification. The material and quantity fields are removed as per the coding from my previous reply.

Regards

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stephen,

We are trying to verify the material and destination bin. After your reply I did a new test with only the destination bin and the SU for verification. Still nog verification fields are shown.

Rene

0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

What I would suggest to check the exact cause of this, is to place a breakpoint in the FM SET_VERIFICATION_FIELD (in particular, at the coding from my previous reply).

Once you are processing the destination screen, you should ben then able to follow the values of

VERIFICATION_TYPE-VER_DEST_BIN

VERIFICATION_TYPE-VER_DEST_SU

And see where and how these are being cleared.

I would also check the interal tables F_T313A & F_T313B at the start of this function module to ensure that the correct profile is being selected.

Regards

Stephen