Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flat file upload

former_member226466
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I am trying to upload a csv file downloaded from a PA in production server using save locally button in which I checked the indicator 'use for uploading later'. I want to upload the same file into the PA in a sandbox which is a replica of the one in production. I want to upload this flat file into infocube of a sandbox but I am getting error msg like error 1, error 3? How to get rid of this?

-Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha,

The download button to which you refer has to do with re-uploading into the same Planning area, and not into a different infocube in a different system.

Have you ever successfully tested uploading any flat file into your Sandbox IC? You must first debug this process....

You say you are downloading from a PA in prod and then wish to upload to an Infocube in sandbox. Many stars have to be in alignment for this to work. It is very easy for small but significant differences to exist between two files that affect this process. In addition, if you are using MS Excel to manage the file, this can also introduce small changes that will make this procedure fail.

Best to get the upload process working first. Create a fresh CSV sample file to be used as a template, created exclusively for the sandbox system infocube upload. Manage this file until you get flawless uploads. Then examine for any structure differences between the PA source file (PA download) and the Sandbox Flat file template. Correct the differences in the source file. Or, better still, copy the (corrected) data into the upload template file.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member226466
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank a lot DB. I appreciate your help. You solved my problem.

-Neha

Answers (0)