cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send IDoc from SAP to PI Synchronous mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, My scenerio is, I want to send an IDoc from SAP R/3 to PI in synchronous mode. PI will convert the Idoc into xCBL PO and send to external parnter via HTTPS. As soon as the external parnter's application receives the xCBL PO, it sends back the "functional acknowledgment" (which is a response). PI will recieve the Fun ack XML file and converts into EDI_DS40 status record and sends back to originating IDOC in SAP R/3. I've done this scenerios by testing the IDOC in "Best Effort" QOS in Run Time WorkBench. I opened in the XML document in sxi_monitor,I saw the Response Message just beneath the Original xCBL PO which I sent to partner. Since PI initiate the SYNC mode I can not sent back the response to SAP R/3

So I understood that if the IDOC from SAP R/3 comes in SYNC mode then the response will go back to SAP R/3. I'm also aware that IDoc doesn't support SYNC behaviour, so my question is how to send an IDoc from SAP R/3 to PI in synchronous mode?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can implement this using BPM.

In BPM, first you will receive the message and send it synchronously to Receiver. After getting the response from receiver, you can send that response to the SAP again.

-Supriya.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>> so my question is how to send an IDoc from SAP R/3 to PI in synchronous mode?

No, IDOCs cannot be sent in synchronous mode

There is nothing like synchronous IDOC.

In order to get a response you need to add standard adapter at IDOC sender communication channel

chk this blog :-

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

you need to use RequestResponseBean and ResponseOneWayBean to get the response

you can configure ACK for IDocs.

Ref: http://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003477212005E/HowTo_IDOC_Ack_20040817RR.pdf

chk this also :-

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50b...

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this /people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit blog. I don't see any error in the document but also i don't see the file in the output directory. Inside the message on the left side top corner window, i see CENTRAL Client and below to that PE ADAPTER Client. I thought i would see the response data in the PE ADAPTER client but I'm not seeing the response from the RFC. I manually checked the RFC connection and everything is fine. Can you tell me what could have gone wrong(if any) ?

Thanks,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check Tcode sm58 for any errors .

Also check the RFC destination is pointing to your PI system or not.The details in the RFC destination of type 3 should be the details of PI.

Delete and reimport your ORDER idoc in your PI system (transaction IDX2)

or , just deleting the meta data i IDX2 is enough. PI will renew them on its own.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before I try my actual scenario, i wanted to try the blog which I mentioned in my previous reply. Anyway i checked in the sm58 and there is no error. In SXMB_MONI, now what i noticed is I'm not seeing the value which starts with 'WS' in the Proc.Defn column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies. I achieved my scenerio.

Thanks once again.

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how you achieved this scenario. We hav an IDoc to SOAP scenario and we need the response to be sent back to the sender system. We dont want BPM & tried using request response bean,but since synchronous interface for IDoc is not supported, the IDoc's get stuck in sm58.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh, I've achieved through BPM only. As of today, I don't have any idea whether it is possible to achieve it without BPM.