cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show BPM Reporting values in Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

i add a Reporting Activity to my current BPM Process. My purpose is to show the report in Visual composer.

Unfortunately i don't know how to import the BPM Reporting Activity into VC?

Could anybody help me with a how-to-guide or a detailed description?

Best regards,

Sid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

A reporting activity in BPM will have a Data Source associated with it, into which data from the process context can be dumped.

Use this data source in your VC model for reporting.

Find the steps in this article:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/80b4ad17-0808-2d10-42a6-dbc19f9cfb11

Regards,

Sangeetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i don't have a BI System. Is it possible to use the Data Source without BI?

regards,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Helpful information on this topic:

The whole subtree: Performing Process Analytics

Some quotes from the help.sap.com documentation:

Real-time analytics enables you to report against an operational system without using a BW system. Real-time analytics allows reporting on a subset of both generic process data and process context data. When performing real-time analytics, data is consumed and reports are displayed directly in the Visual Composer of the local system.

Reporting data is provided as DataSources to VC and you use the VC BI Kit to display the data.

Discovering BPM DataSources in Visual Composer:

3. Choose: View -> Task Panel -> Search to search for BPM DataSources. The Search dialog appears.

4. From the Select provider dropdown menu, select BI Data Sources.

5. From the System destination dropdown menu, select BI (Sql) Portal.

...but per my understanding, in order to be able to select "BI Data Sources", because all BPM Data Sources can be accessed from this choice only, you need to have BW, and you need to configure the connection between your BPM and BW??

Also, your own custom BPM Data Sources can be created only with the "Reporting Activity" in NWDS, Process Development perspective??

Similar-helpful thread: Using Visual Composer from NWDS - CE as BI Data Source (BPM tables)

Regards,

David

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos