cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain Sequence During Bulk Import

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm doing 'Mass Import' in transaction SOLMAN_WORKCENTER->START_IMPORT for a CTS project. But, I noticed that it triggers all the transports at once and import depends on the size of objects in the transport and not sequence.

For example, if I've the following TRs in sequence and each TR is dependent on the previous one.....

1 TR1

2 TR2

3 TR3

If I trigger Bulk import for these TRs and TR1 has bulky objects, TR2 and TR3 will be imported before the dependent TR1, which will cause failure in import.

Is there any way to trigger a mass import sychronously? So that TR2 will be moved only if TR1 is successful and TR3 will be moved only after if TR2 is successful.

I'm facing the same issue in imports. The only solution to this problem was to move the TRs manually in STMS, one by one as per the sequence. It worked. But, it's not feasible for scenarios where the no of TRs in queue for imports are quite high.I checked the SAP help as well, but got no information on the same.

Kindly suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The client checked with SAP and they suggested to move the TRs one by one as per sequence. Quite a trouble, but I think automate the process by a custom program may help....

0 Kudos

Hello.

Would you answer the following question:

Have you already developed the program for transport requests import into a target (especially Productive) system ?

With the possibility to maintain the requests sequence ?

If so, then inform me, pls., how.

Best regards,

Vlad Beloglazov