cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Classification - Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained Taxc clasiification in customer master. I believe it doesnt flow int Sales Order - Header Data, but flows into Billing Document - Header Data.

(a) is there any config of flowing Alt Tax Classification from Custoemr Master in Sales Order

If Not

(b) I want to ensure that Alt Tax classification is not empty in Billing Document.

Since there is no incompletion log for Billing Documents, will i have to use any user exit for checking Alt Tax classification in Billing Documet.

Regards

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope you are aware that tax classification of Customer is maintain in Customer Master for Ship to Party.

So, the Taxes depends upon the

- tax classification for Customer

- tax classification for material

- Tax depart. country, i.e., Region of Delivery Plant

- Tax dest. country, i.e., Region where the material shipped

Further, try comparing your Condition (item) or Pricing Procedure analysis for the TAX condition type of Sales Order & Billing Doc.

I hope this can assist you in understanding.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i understand but the tax classification doesnt flow into sales order. it shows only in billing docment.

we just want to ensure that in billing document it doesnt remain empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Let me know if iam worng.

If tax clasification is blank in order system will not detemine MWST condition, and mostly MWST is mandatory codition, so in sales order level you will know its missing by going to analysis in pricing tab.

Is this not happening your process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Sales Order Header Data there is Alt Tax Classification.

Values for them doesnt populate in Sales Order but it does populate in Billing Document.

How to get them populated in Sales Order Header Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Tax classification is not actually populated in the sales order header screen, but since you can see the MWST value in the pricing conditions, then that is the tax classification

To ensure that you have the correct value, you can input the tax classification manually during sales order creation and system will redetermine the price depending (TAX) on the value inputted.

Note that, the tax classification determination in the sales order is dependent on the sales order creation date and pricing date.

1. Creation date - it will check the creation date of the SO and check it against the value of the tax classification in the customer master as of the same date.

2. Pricing date - once the above scenario of creation date and customer master is confirmed, system will use that tax classification to get MWST value.

Thus, in sales order, the best thing to check the tax calssification is by looking at the MWST value and where that value was taken from via condition record (VK13 or try condition analysis). If your billing / invoice MWST value is EQUAL to your sales order MWST value, then rest asured both of them has the same tax classification.

Hope this helps.

Thank you and regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ria

I understnad what you say.

I just want to ensure that Alt Tax Classification is populated in the Billing Document.

Whcih user exit i should use to cross check whether Alt Tax Classification is maintained in Billing Document..........

Regards

Sanjeev

former_member696369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

its possible to get Alt tax classification in the sales order header by copying customer tax classification by the user exit.

include mv45afzz in this apply a code by the help of abaper.

Reg

Nar

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

As per standard SAP the Alt. Tax Classification in Sales Order is not copied from The Customer Master. So you will find them Blank in Sales Order Header. However if you check the Conditions and analyse your Sales Tax Determination there through clicking the Analyse Button, you will see that system determines the Customer Tax Classification which is maintained in Customer Master.

Again if you want you can change the Alt. Tax Classification as per your requirement at Header Level with the help of F4 Help and accordingly system will determine the Sales Tax.

Don't worry about the Billing, since at billing you will find the Alt. Tax Classification which is maitained in Customer Master, or if you have changed the tax classification at Sales Order Header then it will be as per the new Tax Classification which you have maintained at Sales Order.

If you want you may use some User Exit to populate the Customer Tax Classification in Sales Order Header.

Thanks and regards

Amitesh Anand

Answers (0)