cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with BW-Feature Pack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we set up a ERP on MaxDB 7.6.0.6 and use this system now only for BI. The reports necessary to activate feature pack ran, but queries over fact tables are very slow.

During the search for the reasons I found the notes 976930 and 901377. The system table DOMAIN.BWTABLES does not exits and the table DOMAIN:TABLES does not contain a property/column which shows that a table is a fact table.

DOMAIN.TABLES is described as follows:

SCHEMANAME;OWNER;TABLENAME;PRIVILEGES;TYPE;TABLETYPE;CREATEDATE;CREATETIME;UPDSTATDATE;UPDSTATTIME;ALTERDATE;ALTERTIME;UNLOADED;SAMPLE_PERCENT;SAMPLE_ROWS;COMMENT;TABLEID;DYNAMIC;ARCHIVE;VARIABLE_COLUMNS;VIRTUALKEY;

SAPKBI;SAPKBI;/BI0/F0FC_C07;SELUPDDELINSREFINDALT+;TABLE;TABLE;2010-02-10;15:00:21;2010-02-10;15:00:21;2011-04-27;10:30:37;NO;?;20000;?;000000000002C4FD;NO;NO;YES;NO

Is there somebody who has the possibilty to campare this table with "real" BI system?

Thanks in advanced.

Ralph

Edited by: Ralph Breier on Apr 27, 2011 11:41 AM

Edited by: Ralph Breier on Apr 27, 2011 11:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

as I posted this thread, II hoped you find it.

Thanks for the information, so the notes mentioned above are not correct. We already opened an OSS message.

Regards

Ralph

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

the FACT attribute can be reviewed in system table SYSDD.TABLES.

The BWTABLES table has been abandoned with 7.6 - it's just not there anymore.

If you've got problem with the performance, you may want to check [SDN WIKI|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/hx0B] or open a support message for that.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

we already think about database upgrade, but version 7.6 is used company wide. If I understand note 901377 correctly, BWTABLES or FACT attribute of table TABLES has to be part of DDIC catalogue of a Netweaver BI installation.

Ralph

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First question: Is there any reason why you use MaxDB 7.6? 7.7 and 7.8 have much more features in this area.

Markus