cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Sale order to Planned order in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have nearly 400 Open sale orders to be uploaded in R/3 with some 6000-7000 line items,which needs to be converted to Planned order and subsequently to Production order in APO-PPDS .

I tried using tcode RRP3 at all stages(Multi Level ), which is manual and time taking job.Is there any way to automate RRP3??

I also tried via RRP2 by Sale order which is again a manual job.

Can anybody suggest the correct method with FM/BAPI sequence.I also tried CDPSB0 and then RRP7, BUT because there is no field for quantity, the planned orders are created based on PDS, which does not match my requirement.

Awaiting for the reply...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nawal,

Sales orders are not 'converted' to planned or production orders. Sales orders are demand, planned orders are supply. They are different objects with different purposes.

You mention that your PDS is not suitable. Creating large numbers of orders using non-PDS compliant master data can cause future consistency problems for these orders.

Exactly what do you wish to do, that cannot be done with the standard tools /SAPAPO/CDPS80 and /SAPAPO/RRP7?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

To have more clarity, I have a scenario....

Open sale oders are uploaded to ECC...--->Transferred to PPDS thru CIF.

When I use RRP3..Sale orders are appearing>when I run Product Heuristics>Planned order is created for SO.

Everytime I have to run heuristics MANUALLY to have planned orders for all BoM materials which is a tedious job .

Can you suggest some solution how to handle this in PPDS?Is there any way to automate RRP3 or any program which can create Planned orders for all BoM materials.OR Is there any way to create mass production orders in PPDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nawal,

Run the Product Heuristic in a Planning run for all affected parts. /SAPAPO/CDPSB0 Then mass convert all the resulting planned to production using /SAPAPO/RRP7.

That is why I asked, what are you doing manually, that cannot be done using the standard tools? You previously said these tools were not meeting your requirements.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may also check with the planning procedure configuration and assign it to product master for automatic planning on creation of sales order.

Else planning run with /sapapo/cdpsb0 or /sapapo/cdpsb1

Rgs - Vikas