cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Handling in File to Multiple IDOC Scenario?

former_member183898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My scenario is file with Multiple records and I want to send it to SAP system.If there will be 10 Records in my file I need to create 10 IDOC in Target system.

I can use below of the two options.

1) File to Multiple Idoc (1.N Mapping)

2) Using BPM

3)Directly place the file in SAP application server and process it via ABAP Program.

However I am not clear in which option error handling will be more effective.Please suggest.

Basically I want to handle If out of 10 records 9 are correct and 1 record is not correct then I should be able to report within PI without affecting 9 correct records.Is it possible 9 records will be sent to SAP system and PI will only show error for 1 incorrect record.

Also I will be doing this scenrio for transaction data with huge size (1 Million Records).Which approach will be more effective in this case.

Thanks,

Pushkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patel,

I want to handle If out of 10 records 9 are correct and 1 record is not correct then I should be able to report within PI without affecting 9 correct records.Is it possible 9 records will be sent to SAP system and PI will only show error for 1 incorrect record.

when working on graphical mapping, the target structure is created when there are no errors in all records of source structure.

suppose if we have validation error in 9th and 10th record, then we can not process the first eight records and inturn we can not store the two error records in XI for further.

i suggest you the third option, you can directly place the file in SAP application server and process it via ABAP Program.

this is far better because you can do more customizations as you have to deal with millions of records.

Regards,

Pradeep A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushkar,

The first option (1.N Mapping) is a better option.

map the source record to target record only if the record is correct else raise an alert.

By this the valid records will be sent and the incorrect records will be skipped. And you can have a good alert mechanism to notify the incorrect records.

Regards,

Aravind