Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File need to put at SAP R/3 server

former_member196519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am picking xml file from FTP through sender chennel and want to put that xml file in to SAP R/3 server some location /home/transpert/din/xyz using receiver file adapter NFS. Here I am not using mapping part.

I have problem that file is not going to SAP R/3 server but going to XI server.

Could you please help me.

Thank u so much !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose, if you are using Transport Protocol is FTP, then specify like this in Sender file adapter.

Server : Enter the host name (or) IP address of the FTP Server.

Port: Give the port number. Bydefault port of the FTP Server is 21.

And enter valid username and password for the FTP Server.

Regards,

P.Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just check the host name in the comm. channel

try to check your FTP connection parameters, login details.

try to login directly using FTP:// server details from your browser first.

this Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool - this means that XI server was not able to communicate with FTP server... contact your FTP server network people to open the firewall settings of FTP server for XI server

After this, XI server might communicate with your FTP server and error will be resolved.

This kind of error occurs if you are giving wrong authentication details for FTP connection. Please make sure that your details are correct.

regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following:

1) Check if you have write permissions to the user id and the folder where you are placing the file (receiver side)

2) Check if your file needs to mounted (receiver folder). check with basis.

3) Check if you file adapter status. (mode).

Regards,

Sainath Chutke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ask your Basis team to mount the SAP R/3 directory /home/transpert/din/xyz in XI server OS level so that you can access the directory when writing the file via File Receiver Adapter using NFS.

Regards,

Erwin

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have problem that file is not going to SAP R/3 server but going to XI server.

Using FIle System(NFS) as receiver will automatically save the file in the al11 directory in XI. What you need to use is FTP that is pointing to the proper SAP server. Make sure that the username you will be providing has write access to the directory of that box.

Hope this helps,

Mark

former_member196519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I used FTP but it shows below error:

Could not process due to error: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.configuration.DynamicConfigurationException: The Adapter Message Property 'FileName' was configured as mandatory element, but there is no 'DynamicConfiguration' element in the XI Message header

Can you please me here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The "FileName" attribute in the 'Adapter Specific Message Attributes' (ASMA) on Advanced tab page in the communication channel is enabled and that is why you are facing this error.

Uncheck it if you are not using providing the FileName dynamically using ASMA.

-Supriya.

former_member196519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

I have updated that one but now I am having error as given below

"Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: UnknownHostException: KSAPADV1"

Can u plz help here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I quote!

Check FileName Flag (Adapter-Specific Message Attributes Configuration) in ReceiverCC (because probably you have checked FileName in ASMA SenderCC).

For use NFS, you have to mount R3 directory in XI FileSystem. Otherwise, use classic FTP Trasfer Protocol and set R3 Server Target

Former Member
0 Kudos

For HostName problem, use IP or map Hostname in File Host configuration of XI System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are using the Hostname of ECC server in XI communication channel. In this case, you will have to make the DNS host entry on PI server. Otherwise, use IP address of ECC server in channel, it should work.

-Supriya.

former_member196519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using server name from SAP logon for DV1. And using my id and pass for that in FTP connection..

Please advise if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest way to achieve what you're trying to do is to ask your Basis team to mount the R/3 directory into XI server at OS level. Then you can just use NFS as transport protocol and not worry about FTP setup.

If you use FTP as transport protocol, an FTP service needs to be running in the corresponding host which have access to the directory location. It is a different service thus you will need a different user account.

Regards,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use IP address and try again.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use the ip address of the srever instead of the name of the server

former_member196519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried Ip addess but still shows error:

Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx: Login incorrect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It means you are able to connect using IP address but the login details are incorrect.

Check teh ID and password you are using in channel are correct or not. Also check if they have sufficient authorisation to write a file on the SAP side.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Login User&Password, probably wrong.

former_member196519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed ip address, I am gettiing below error:

Adapter Framework caught exception: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out

Can you please advise..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It means that PI is not able to connect to the particular IP address you have changed.

Check if there is firewall between PI & ECC system and the ports are opened.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re-quote Supriya Sawant

Try to connect from Xi System to destination IP. Probably there's a firewall problem (in source or in destination system) that not permit your FTP connection (or IP address is wrong).

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use IP Address and donot use your username or password there. This password should be an OS level password.

Means , you should be using a username and password from which are able to FTP SAP r/3 system from your PI system. also try to ping the SAP R/3 server from your XI server from OS level to check if PI system is able to ping. if not reaching means port is blocked and ask basis people to open it. If everything is fine then use OS level username and Password.

Regards

Aashish Sinha