cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring IDOC Listener on MII 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a basic question around the configuration.

This is from 12.1 help:

"The SAP Java Resource Adapter (SAP JRA) server is used to connect to SAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC) to receive remote function calls (RFC) and IDocs. You can use the asynchronous HTTP interface to post data to SAP MII for asynchronous transaction processing."

In this regard is it mandatory to first configure SAP JRA on NW and then proceed with the IDOC specific config both on the R/3 as well as NW side?

The reason I ask this is that we are currently struggling with this config on 12.1.8 (build 30) where the BASIS folks are observing that the system hangs when they try to add enteries to the XMIIIDOC component . Before going through with the IDOC config they made sure that the JRA is configured and followed the steps as mentioned in the 12.1 installation guide under "Configuring JRA for JRA Actions" & "Cloning the default JRA Config" sections.They are simultaneously also following up in the NW forums to find a solution.

Additionally I had another question (this one's specifically for MIke Appleby ). Would one have to follow similar config steps as IDOC when configuring the RFC listener , atleast from the NW CE perspective? We are trying to download Control Recipes from R/3.

Thanks

Udayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

Yes, the configuration for the RFC Listener is essentially the same as the IDoc Listener, except the binding is different (do not change either type from the default values and you should be fine).

The differences between the two Listener types are really on the ECC side. The installation instructions for Batch Manufacturing included the RFC Listener setup. Keep meaning to write a separate document for RFC Listeners, but haven't yet.

One general note of caution for all readers:

Do not reuse ProgIDs from an IDoc Listener in an RFC Listener and vice versa. Only use a unique ProgID once (and deleting them from one Listener or MII server to use them elsewhere is generally not advisable).

Roughly 90% of the tickets entered for IDoc Listeners with MII are because of ProgIDs used in more than one place.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs MIke.

Any inputs on if SAP JRA needs to be configured first mandatorily before moving over to the IDOC configuration?

Thanks

Udayan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out the document in the MII Wiki for IDoc Listener configuration. But the short answer is no. I have never had to mess with anything in NW outside of the Listener itself to set it up.

And I can also say that people have tried to manually register ProgIDs in NW and had problems (see my previous comments about ProgIDs).

Please follow the Configuration guide for [IDoc Listeners|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/MII+Connectivity]and unless you have an unusual network(with an SAP Router for example), you should be fine.

If not keep posting and I will try to help.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally got this working. The issue seemed to be with the Max Thread count property of the IDOC Listener , we tried a couple of values viz. 5 , that worked initially but eventually resulted in disconnection of the RFC connection.

We tried 100 , didn't work, then stick to 1 , restarted the app and things have been pretty stable since.

We were able to configure the RFC Listener as well and successfully download the Control Recipe from R/3. Like Mike said this config is very similar to the IDOC.

Thanks.

Udayan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another cautionary note:

The Max Thread Count should be kept low, at least initially. If you assign a number larger than NetWeaver will support, it can lock up your NW application. The fix is to manually change the value using the offline Configuration Editor tool for NW. I generally recommend keeping it between 5-10, but it does depend on your circumstances and traffic level.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (0)